Hockey's Future Top 50 Prospects Fall 2006: 26-50

Husky

Feb 3, 2006
Ottawa
interesting list. not so high on Olesz, and i think Eaves has proven he's a top 30 prospect (if a prospect at all), but otherwise i am in complete accordance with the list. also looking forward to part 2.

Transported Upstater

I'm almost positive Montreal did not trade up to get Price...

RayLeeCharles

Aug 31, 2005
WaSt
Harding is pretty underrated IMO. I think hes better than Montoya and possibly Rask. No matter what quality team is in front of him hes excelled, and improved each year.

snarktacular

Aug 2, 2005
Pretty good list but Ladislav Smid still seems underrated to me.
Well you're probably right, but he's much less underratted than last list, where I believe he wasn't even an honorable mention (the best of the rest for defensemen). Amazing what a difference being in a different prospect system can make.

sunb

Jun 27, 2004
Yale University
interesting list...I'm very interested in who is in the top 25...
I'm guessing (in no particular order):

Evgeny Malkin
Luc Bourdon
Marc Staal
Jordan Staal
Erik Johnson

Jack Johnson
Phil Kessel
Niklas Backstrom
Jonathon Toews
Bobby Ryan

Brian Lee
Devon Setoguchi
Gilbert Brule
Jack Skille
Anze Kopitar

Ryan Parent
Cam Barker
Alexander Radulov
Travis Zajac
Wojtek Wolski

Robbie Schremp
Shea Weber
Patrick O'Sullivan
Andrej Pavelec (maybe...)
Mike Green (maybe...)

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
I'm guessing (in no particular order):

Evgeny Malkin
Luc Bourdon
Marc Staal
Jordan Staal
Erik Johnson

Jack Johnson
Phil Kessel
Niklas Backstrom
Jonathon Toews
Bobby Ryan

Brian Lee
Devon Setoguchi
Gilbert Brule
Jack Skille
Anze Kopitar

Ryan Parent
Cam Barker
Alexander Radulov
Travis Zajac
Wojtek Wolski

Robbie Schremp
Shea Weber
Patrick O'Sullivan
Andrej Pavelec (maybe...)
Mike Green (maybe...)

Can't forget Matt Carle..

About Smid, I have been hyping this guy for a while. Absolutely oozes potential, and he has managed to add a physical factor to his game.

CronoX

Mar 15, 2006
Hockeytown, MI
I'm happy at least two Wings made top 50 (Howard might crack top 50). Goes to show that having the right European scout can make having barely any first round picks the last 5 years isn't too big of a deal.

Mr_Jones*

It's pretty interesting that with all the change around him (on the list), Tukonen stayed at #40.

FacelessButcher

Sep 20, 2003
Edmonton
A small complaint, but can you start the list from 50 and work your way down to 26 next time it builds suspense and makes for a more enjoyable read.

Talentless Practise*

I'm honestly surprised Tukonen made it. I'm worried about his shoulder.

Why, has it not healed properly? I was under the impression that it was just a separated shoulder which is nothing as injuries go.

Ted Hoffman

The other Rick Zombo
Dec 15, 2002
Take a look at where a few of these guys ended up on the top 50 list, then look at where they're ranked on their own team's top 20.

There's a disconnect somewhere.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Take a look at where a few of these guys ended up on the top 50 list, then look at where they're ranked on their own team's top 20.

There's a disconnect somewhere.

The disconnect is that teams can rank players wherever they want without having to talk in a group of people who don't "scout" that specific team and other teams.

This list is made by committee.

kimzey59

Aug 16, 2003
The disconnect is that teams can rank players wherever they want without having to talk in a group of people who don't "scout" that specific team and other teams.

This list is made by committee.

Then please explain this:

Kyle McMahon(the Blues Writer) said:
Hi everybody. As you can I see, I am Kyle McMahon, the writer of the article, which I see has come under some criticism. To set the record straight, I did NOT determine the prospect rankings (1-20). I drafted a prliminary/suggested list, but the HF staff provided me with a final list, with which there were several differences. I as well felt there were a couple of questionable decisions, but it is not my place change anything around. In terms of the number and letter grades for prospects, those are also provided by HF, they are not my personal choices.

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=280083

This opens up 2 possiblities:

1) There is, as IB said, a disconect somewhere.
2) The HF editing staff takes an active hand editing some team pages but not others.

IF #1 is the case I think that we deserve some explaination for the disconecct.
IF #2 is the case there is nothing else to call it but bias and this site's crediblity is lost.

Last edited:

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
On our Ranger page it's just one person who does the letter and grades. Not this whole committe business. What am I supposed to explain? What he says is basically what I say. I don't see the issue with my comment.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad