Hockey's Future Fall 2004 Org Rankings 11-20

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave is a killer

Dave's a Mess
Oct 17, 2002
Cumming GA
so we now know the top 10...how would you rank...

Nashville, Washington, Chicago, Pittsburgh, Minnesota, Montreal, NYR, Anaheim, Atlanta and the Oilers?

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
Seven_Nation_Army said:
so we now know the top 10...how would you rank...

Nashville, Washington, Chicago, Pittsburgh, Minnesota, Montreal, NYR, Anaheim, Atlanta and the Oilers?

i'm shocked that minnesota and edmonton made it this far, but these things are usually headscratchers :)

Zetterberg4Captain*

1. Washington
2. Chicago
3. Pittsburgh
4. Montreal
5. Atlanta
6. NYR
7. Minnesota
8. Nashville
9. Anahiem
10. Edmonton

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
1. Washington Capitals
2. Pittsburgh Penguins
3. Chicago Blackhawks
4. Montreal Canadians
5. Edmonton Oilers
6. New York Rangers
7. Nashville Predators
8. Anaheim Mighty Ducks
9. Minnesota Wild
10. Atlanta Thrashers

Last edited:

leafaholix*

DoobieDoobieDo said:
1. Washington
2. Pittsburgh
3. Montreal
4. Chicago
5. Edmonton
6. Nashville
7. New York Rangers
8. Minnesota Wild
9. Atlanta Thrashers
10. Anaheim Mighty Ducks
There's no chance Montreal is ranked ahead of Chicago after the Hawks monster draft.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Chicago has good defensive depth, I'll give you that but I'm not really jumping up and down about their offense since Ruutu graduated. Radulov is good but personally Montreal's front depth and some underrated guys on defense make them pretty strong.

Nevermind their page hasn't been updated...definitely, definitely take Chicago over Montreal...

paxtang

May 1, 2003
Harrisburg
nomorekids said:
I think I hear the distant rumble of a thousand behooved Devils and Flyers fans, coming to lay ruin to this thread ;)

I think you'll find most Flyer fans are going to be satisfied with where they are on this list. At least I am.

Enoch

This is my boomstick
Jul 2, 2003
Cookeville TN
nomorekids said:
after seeing Montreal ranked number one last year, anything is possible, in my mind ;)

:joker:

I really like the way this years list is being compiled. The strengths and weaknesses are much more down to earth, and they really appear to give you a feel for what an organizations strength/weaknesses are. I also like the general order thus far. Last year and the year before were a little iffy for me...too many choices that went against the grain, but this years seems a little more balanced and much more reasonable. What I really like about this years list, is it actually paints an optimisitc outlook for many of the clubs....even if they fell in the ranking. Realistically, there is not a lot of difference in most organizations depth charts (prospect wise), and the list does a good job of pointing that out.

Aarex

Feb 29, 2004
Regina, Saskatchewan
My guess would be

1. Washington
2. Chicago
3. Pittsburgh
4. NYR
5. Montreal
6. Nashville
7. Minnesota
8. Anaheim
9. Edmonton
10. Atlanta

Yeah I wasn't too familiar with atlanta's depth, Kari is what carries them into the top 10 while coburn is a fantastic prospect. Valabik is a boom or bust but they do have some depth at center but this does not move them infront of anaheim or edmonton.

Last edited:

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
I'm really having a tough time seeing Atlanta being ranked so high on just a couple of prospects...

Edmonton to me is going to surprise people. I like their forwards, their defense is still strong and their goal is good too.

Baron Von Shark

Feb 21, 2003
CA
Visit site
I'm liking the San Jose rank at #16. Middle of the pack is where I expected them to end up. It is odd to note that Kaspar wasn't mentioned though (our 1st rounder from this year), who I feel is a more promising prospect than Steve Bernier.

USC Trojans

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
May 17, 2002
LA Oiler fan
Good list so far. I noticed that a lot of emphasis in this year's list is prospect depth and balance. That said, I think the top 10 will be:

1) Washington
2) Pittsburgh
3) Chicago
4) Montreal
5) Edmonton
6) New York
7) Anaheim
8) Minnesota
9) Nashville
10) Atlanta

edit: on second thought, I felt Florida was rated a bit too low,....they should be in the top ten IMO

Winston Wolf

May 15, 2003
Philadelphia
paxtang said:
I think you'll find most Flyer fans are going to be satisfied with where they are on this list. At least I am.
I'm definitely satisfied with the list, thus far. Flyers' fans definitely can't complain as we moved up seven spots and the only major addition was Umberger (perhaps Seidenberg as well, I don't think he was included on the last organizational rankings.) I thought we were pretty low last ranking, so I think we are right where we should be now.

Also New Jersey's ranking is a lot better this time around, IMO. They have some very good prospects, but they still probably aren't top 10 material, let alone top 5, IMO. I thought that was the biggest mistake of the last rankings.

Does anyone else feel strange that we haven't seen the Rangers yet? It's like the apocalypse or something.

ratsgirl

Jul 25, 2003
in the minors
flyers guy said:
Also New Jersey's ranking is a lot better this time around, IMO. They have some very good prospects, but they still probably aren't top 10 material, let alone top 5, IMO. I thought that was the biggest mistake of the last rankings.

I absolutely agree with that, and I think the Devils ranking 15th is quite reasonable.

Good job, everyone!

DBL

Sep 13, 2002
Visit site
No complaining here from a Bruins fan. I take more note on the things said then the actual rankings (no offence) and I agree on the things brought up about the B's.

They have a very balanced prospects core, strength is there blueline, the breakdown of there top defensive prospects, and Toivonen having a higher ceiling than Raycroft. All very true.

I have few observations...
Jordan Sigalet is considered by some to have #1 goaltender potential...
Hilbert will undoubtedly be on the B's roster once the NHL starts back up. He looks like a 3rd line grinder with scoring potential, though it doesn't look good for Samuelsson and Huml...
Patrice Bergeron never had a chance to help the B's in these rankings. Never considered a great prospect when drafted and went straight to the NHL to prove his worth making him non eligible for these rankings.

As for the rankings, there a great read. Good job.

McDeepika

Aug 14, 2004
oilers will be in the 4th to 6th range as they have great depth on d and will not slip like 6 spots from last year when they added 2 1st rounders

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad