HockeyAllsvenskan 2016-17 General Discussion

joshyhockey26

Dec 6, 2015
st louis
Doesn't seem like this board is entirely active but I figured I'd ask. Anyone know where an American can order Modo jerseys????

Mr. Penguin

Aug 30, 2004
Finland
Can anyone explain to me how the heck Pantern is playing so well? And why the heck do they only get around 400 spectators per game? I understand most people in Malmö follow the Redhawks but still...

PuckPoise

May 25, 2011
Why are you happy? Västerås lost the game against Björklöven so Västerås goes to the relegation games and Björklöven can breathe a sigh of relief...

With VIK's financial situation maybe he's happy about a few extra home gates. :yo:

Exarz

Jan 1, 2014
Helsinki
Why are you happy? Västerås lost the game against Björklöven so Västerås goes to the relegation games and Björklöven can breathe a sigh of relief...

Well it was sarcasm and more meant like "Please kill me already :)"

With VIK's financial situation maybe he's happy about a few extra home gates. :yo:

The only positive thing right now is hopefully going to Visby for an away game :yo:

Mr Leth

Oct 4, 2010
Malmö
Can anyone explain to me how the heck Pantern is playing so well? And why the heck do they only get around 400 spectators per game? I understand most people in Malmö follow the Redhawks but still...

Late reply but anyway.
Couple of reasons here...
Let's start with why Pantern had such a nice season.
Good leadership and great chemistry amongst the players.
Is that all? Well, basically yes.
The cooperation with Malmö Redhawks sure means a lot too in terms of being able to sign the right players and having a full roster on a shoestring budget.

But why aren't people supporting the team?
First of all, Pantern has almost throughout their existance been a low tier team.
As such and especially in a town like Malmö where everything is about soccer, soccer, soccer, some more soccer and then maybe hockey...well, you get close to nothing when it comes to attention.
Newspapers never mentioned a word about the team for years and years.
(With very few exceptions)
Basically you already had to be a hockeyfan to know the team even existed.
I've even heard interviews with players in todays Pantern roster saying things like:
-When I meet new people in Malmö and tell them I play for Pantern they ask me, "what team and sport is that?!"
Seriously...
I don't even know where they're supposed to find new supporters.
Maybe doors have been opened with these last two seasons in Hockeyallsvenskan, but for now a lot of the attendance are basically Redhawks-supporters and they already have a first choice team.

Exarz

Jan 1, 2014
Helsinki
**** life right :)))))))))))))))))))))))

And appearently according to a trustworthy source we have debts of 3 million SEK now because they calculated wrong :)

Mr. Penguin

Aug 30, 2004
Finland
Leksand goes down to Allsvenskan and Västerås goes down to HockeyEttan, oh my... :(

But this is why I love Swedish hockey so much! A small town team like Karlskrona and Mora can beat a big budget team in a relegation round and get up in the SHL and do well there. :handclap:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->