OT: Hockey Talk Radio Show

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
I just wanted to spread the word, a fellow poster on the Islanders board and I have a Hockey Talk Radio Show starting up on Thursday, it will be on Thursdays and Fridays from 6:30pm - 8:00pm and it is called "Off The Post". We will be airing on Sportsonthego1, you can view them on their facebook page, on the TuneInRadio app, the Periscope app, or on their website www.sportsonthego1.com.

We'll be talking about local hockey (NYR, NYI, NJD) in addition to having some guests, most notably on 5/17/18, we'll be having Arthur Staple of The Athletic (former beat writer for NYR & NYI for Newsday) and other notable guests in the future. In addition, we'll be going to the NHL draft in Dallas in June to cover it there, for our other show on Saturdays from 12:00pm - 2:00pm, called "On Ice".

Feel free to tune in, call in and ask questions and check out the shows.

Last edited:

Miamipuck

Al Swearengen
Dec 29, 2009
Take a Wild Guess
I just wanted to spread the word, a fellow poster on the Islanders board and I have a Hockey Talk Radio Show starting up on Thursday, it will be on Thursdays and Fridays from 6:30pm - 8:00pm and it is called "Off The Post". We will be airing on Sportsonthego1, you can view them on their facebook page, on the TuneInRadio app, the Periscope app, or on their website www.sportsonthego1.com.

We'll be talking about local hockey (NYR, NYI, NJD) in addition to having some guests, most notably on 5/17/18, we'll be having Arthur Staple of The Athletic (former beat writer for NYR & NYI for Newsday) and other notable guests in the future. In addition, we'll be going to the NHL draft in Dallas in June to cover it there, for our other show on Saturdays from 12:00pm - 2:00pm, called "On Ice".

Feel free to tune in, call in and ask questions and check out the shows.

I wil only listen if you post using nicknames that are so clever we all die from laughter, some examples: McIlbust and Stionk.

Good luck with your show!

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
I wil only listen if you post using nicknames that are so clever we all die from laughter, some examples: McIlbust and Stionk.

Good luck with your show!

There will definitely be references to certain nicknames, as long as they're not references that we can't repeat on the radio (IE: how some people used to refer to Nash on here as Big D*** Rick).

Also, thank you for the kind words. As we grow, we'll build a reputation and continue to hopefully have more high profile guests as well. We've wanted to present a new take on hockey discussion and I know there are a ton of diehards on these boards, especially this one in specific that would love to discuss. We will be expanding on our social media applications to have a more interactive element as well, answering to facebook comments and twitter questions as well.

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
Are you accepting guest call-ins? Asking for a friend.

Edit: I see it says that you are. Good, good.

By all means, feel free to call in. The more callers, the better. There's a lot to discuss right now and will be in the coming weeks heading into and during the free agency period.

There will also be some spirited debates and we'd love to have the callers engage in that element with us.

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
You need to get Edge a weekly spot on your show.

Edge is one of the most respected posters on HFBoards in general, nevermind the Rangers boards. I've been on these boards for a very long time and he's one of the old guard that remains. Never had a bad run in with him and I've had my fair share of disagreements with him, as well as others on here.

Reactions: FultonReed

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
It's on digital radio, so I don't think we'll be ok iTunes. We're working on going FM with it and the owner of the station wants to eventually be like Sirius XM one day.
Ugh...well if u make digital copies sign me up. My schedule is just too hard now with the little one and 2 hockey leagues

JaeTM

Dec 3, 2009
Long Island
By all means, feel free to call in. The more callers, the better. There's a lot to discuss right now and will be in the coming weeks heading into and during the free agency period.

There will also be some spirited debates and we'd love to have the callers engage in that element with us.

Good luck on the show, but as someone who listens to a lot of sports radio, do your best to make it YOUR show and do your best making people tune in to listen to you. Sure guests can be great and same with callers, they're necessary, but at the end of the day the people tune in for the hosts. You're probably already aware of this, but just a friendly bit of advice.

And like Inferno stated, if you can find a way to upload it as a podcast on iTunes I'd definitely give it a listen. Unfortunately, I don't really listen to live radio as it uses too much data on my phone. Have to download it and listen to it later on.

ziggy7716

Oct 20, 2006
Good luck on the show, but as someone who listens to a lot of sports radio, do your best to make it YOUR show and do your best making people tune in to listen to you. Sure guests can be great and same with callers, they're necessary, but at the end of the day the people tune in for the hosts. You're probably already aware of this, but just a friendly bit of advice.

And like Inferno stated, if you can find a way to upload it as a podcast on iTunes I'd definitely give it a listen. Unfortunately, I don't really listen to live radio as it uses too much data on my phone. Have to download it and listen to it later on.

I am a Islander fan so John and I will definitely have some heated debates on the show that will make things interesting. We both have strong personalities that will make things fun. We can’t wait to get started

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
We'd also like to thank everyone for the suggestions for uploading as well. We definitely want to make it accessible for those who can't listen live and reach out even further than just a live audience.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad