Hockey management reads

Twist and Shout

Dec 30, 2003
Calgary, Alberta
I'm searching for books which deal with the business and management aspects of how hockey organizations are run .. more specifically smaller organizations (junior teams). Unfortunately, I've only come up with books in general sports management.

If specific minor hockey business related books aren't available, anyone know of quality sports management books I could pick up?

FutureGM97

Jun 21, 2007
i coulf go for that too b/c i want to be a GM someday in life- im just starting college in the fall and thats wat i want to do

Sotnos

Jul 8, 2002
Not here
www.boltprospects.com
After thinking about this for a while, I found these books: Sports management books from Human Kinetics. I haven't seen any of their sports management books, but I've seen their coaching books and they're first rate.

This site had some good info on it, though they do seem to be trying to sell some products.

If you want books showing some real-life stories of minor pro hockey (not junior), there's Zamboni Rodeo by Jason Cohen and They Don't Play Hockey in Heaven by Ken Baker. Both of those are good books in general, also. :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->