Hockey in Passau, Bavaria

HandsomeKessel

Dec 16, 2016
United Kingdom
I'm going to be spending a few months in a small town in Bavaria, Germany. A place called Passau. It's probably bit of a long shot but does anyone here know what the hockey is like there? They have a team in the Oberliga I think but are there any local teams?

LemmyUlanov55

4th line grinder
Apr 3, 2016
The Passau Black Hawks (nah, i'm not joking) play in the Bayernliga (highest amateur league), a tier below Oberliga.
Local teams? You talking about Beer league stuff?

HandsomeKessel

Dec 16, 2016
United Kingdom
The Passau Black Hawks (nah, i'm not joking) play in the Bayernliga (highest amateur league), a tier below Oberliga.
Local teams? You talking about Beer league stuff?

I'm going to studying at the university. I think they have a team but I don't know what level they play at so if I'm not good enough, it'd be nice to play pick up or with a different team.

LemmyUlanov55

4th line grinder
Apr 3, 2016
I'm going to studying at the university. I think they have a team but I don't know what level they play at so if I'm not good enough, it'd be nice to play pick up or with a different team.
Just looked up their rink schedule, but nothing about pick up teams and when they play. I'm sure you'll find out about this once you're there. And no worries about the university team, it's nothing compared to university hockey in NA. Probably closer to pick up hockey than anything else. :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->