Great Britain: Hockey in Britain part 3

stv11

Jul 29, 2004
Switzerland
New thread, the last one reached 1000 posts.

You guys have some good discussions going on, you should open separate threads rather than put everything into this one.

Any opinion about this? There could be stickied threads to discuss regular topics and other discussions could have their own.

Siamese Dream

Feb 5, 2011
United Britain of Great Kingdom
Where do Romford Raiders come into this? The only mention you made of NIHL teams being involved was as sacrificial lambs to make up the numbers in EIHL teams. Weren't we purely talking about an EIHL (with NIHL fillers) vs EPL cup?

I'm using this example to point out the flaws in the comparison to football and the FA cup.

I've no doubt you'll retort by using 'Belfast Giants vs Telford Tigers' or some such but why not 'Edinburgh Capitals/Hull Stingrays vs Guildford Flames/Manchester Phoenix'? I'm pretty sure they'd be fairly good games.

No, they wouldn't. You vastly underestimate the gap in standard between the EIHL and EPL.

Siamese Dream

Feb 5, 2011
New thread, the last one reached 1000 posts.

You guys have some good discussions going on, you should open separate threads rather than put everything into this one.

Any opinion about this? There could be stickied threads to discuss regular topics and other discussions could have their own.

I was thinking this also.

International tournaments could have their own thread, then a thread for just EIHL discussion, a thread for EPL and NIHL, and a thread for juniors/prospects.

stv11

Jul 29, 2004
Switzerland
No need to create empty threads for the moment, national team and prospect threads can be created when needed.

I've stickied the EIHL thread as it seems most of your discussions revolve around league play, and unstickied this one. We'll see how things go in a few weeks, and if needed I'll put other threads on the top of the forum.

Siamese Dream

Feb 5, 2011
No need to create empty threads for the moment, national team and prospect threads can be created when needed.

I've stickied the EIHL thread as it seems most of your discussions revolve around league play, and unstickied this one. We'll see how things go in a few weeks, and if needed I'll put other threads on the top of the forum.

Ok no problem, I'll make another thread when they announce the roster for Olympic qualifiers

3 Minute Minor

Sep 29, 2009
I do like this set up cuz I was always lost during talks of EIHL and the other leagues. I just know the prospects names and the national team stuff ;)

howeaboutthat

Jun 20, 2012
A ways outside MI...
Heard an interesting rumour today from two different sources.

Whilst skating at the NIC a fellow hockey player I was chatting to told me that the University of Nottingham are planning on building their own Olympic-sized pad ice rink on their Jubilee Campus (where many of their other sports facilities are). Later on, whilst chatting to an acquaintance who works for Nottingham City Council's planning department he (knowing I play hockey) mentioned the same rumour to me.

Would definitely be a bonus if a third pad were opened in Nottingham, ice time is a always at a premium in Nottingham even with two pads.

Here is hoping this rumour becomes fact.

Jossy99

Sep 19, 2012
Peterhead, Scotland
This season has been great so far as a Dundee fan i can honestly say that im more confident in the squad of players we have this season I go to game against the "bigger" teams thinking we can actually get 2 points and not being on the wrong end of a hammering.

AlanHUK

5-14-6-1
Nov 27, 2010
Nottingham, England
Heard an interesting rumour today from two different sources.

Whilst skating at the NIC a fellow hockey player I was chatting to told me that the University of Nottingham are planning on building their own Olympic-sized pad ice rink on their Jubilee Campus (where many of their other sports facilities are). Later on, whilst chatting to an acquaintance who works for Nottingham City Council's planning department he (knowing I play hockey) mentioned the same rumour to me.

Would definitely be a bonus if a third pad were opened in Nottingham, ice time is a always at a premium in Nottingham even with two pads.

Here is hoping this rumour becomes fact.

Hopefully the uni would allow colleges to access the ice pad too, I've been meaning to give hockey another go. Will probably go for a few skates next week to see how my knee and ankle hold up

villevalo

Feb 29, 2012
UK
Anyone who wants a hockey fix on the 1st November (half term I believe), the Bracknell Bees have their 25th anniversary match against a Bees legend side who include Matt Cote, Danny Meyers, and more to be announced.

Face off is 8pm, doors open 7:15pm.

Get yourself down the Hive and help celebrate 25 years of hockey :D

villevalo

Feb 29, 2012
UK

For the stripes of the forum :laugh:

Also Imaginary Threats, looks like Bison have signed Kris Melacharino, going by EP he's barely played at all it seems, know anything about him?

Siamese Dream

Feb 5, 2011

For the stripes of the forum :laugh:

Also Imaginary Threats, looks like Bison have signed Kris Melacharino, going by EP he's barely played at all it seems, know anything about him?

That's ****ing brilliant :laugh: dem crazy Russians

Kris Melachrino, that's a very confusing signing for the Bison. I saw him play a couple of times for the ENL Jets last season and he was brutal.

3 Minute Minor

Sep 29, 2009
poopy. Brendan Perlini was one of the invites to Team Ontario for the U17's. It isn't an official IIHF event so it doesn't declare nationality but I was hoping there was a chance he'd wanna play for his home land lol

3 Minute Minor

Sep 29, 2009
I'm just shocked he got an invite considering how crap he's been this season

16 year old getting small minutes. It's not that rare tbh

#3 overall has 4 points in 22GP
#12 overall has 2 points in 23GP
#13 overall has 4 points in 21GP
#17 overall has 0 points in 10GP
#21 overall has 2 points in 21GP

Production for rookies usually picks up after Christmas. Most trades go down around World Junior time and it's when teams decide if their rookie can take on a bigger role or not.

I haven't seen a Barrie game yet and doubt I'll see one unless it's on TV but I hear his stats aren't displaying his ability.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->