Hockey has divided Canada - Canadians Cheering Against Team Canada...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mountain Dude

Hart_House_Ca said:
Shane Doan, Eric Brewer, Robyn Regehr, Scott Hannan, Patrick Marleau, Wade Redden, Ryan Smyth.

Those players aren't even close to the best players in Canada.

Let me guess, you wanted to send McCabe, Roberts, probably tucker.

Funny, I remember winning that tournament, seems like Hockey Canada knows a **** load more about hockey than you do. :handclap:

looooob

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Hart_House_Ca said:
Why don't we look at the best players of all time the best players currently in the NHL. And the majority of them are not from western Canada.

There are just way too many to name it would be laughable just comparing it to your short list. lol

These players you mention should never have been selected to team Canada. They only got on team canada from internal connections such as wayne gretzky and kevin low.

Shane Doan, Eric Brewer, Robyn Regehr, Scott Hannan, Patrick Marleau, Wade Redden, Ryan Smyth.

ok this is nuts

who cares about the best players of ALL TIME when we are talking about the 2004-2005 World Junior Championship?? If you believe the last couple of drafts, currently the collection of circa 1985 Western born are very strong

as for Doan,Brewer,Regehr,Marleau etc not being CLOSE to being the best players in Canada, who would you take instead.

remember: a) McCabe is Western Canadian ;) and b ) Canada WON the tournament

Hart_House_Ca

Feb 21, 2004
Excuse me. What part is trolling?

My very first post was an issue that i'm sure many other canadians feel the same about.

LP

Dec 11, 2003
Visit site
Hart_House_Ca said:
Excuse me. What part is trolling?

My very first post was an issue that i'm sure many other canadians feel the same about.

Then why are you the only one that feels this way?

SeLaine

May 26, 2004
Hart_House_Ca said:
Why don't we look at the best players of all time the best players currently in the NHL. And the majority of them are not from western Canada.

There are just way too many to name it would be laughable just comparing it to your short list. lol

These players you mention should never have been selected to team Canada. They only got on team canada from internal connections such as wayne gretzky and kevin low.

Wow you are making yourself sound less intelligent with every post you are making. Ya there is no way any of these guys should have made the team. Maybe we should have left Heatley, Bouwmeester, and Iginla off the team too. Give your head a shake and realize that key contributors come from all parts of the country.

ChemiseBleuHonnete

Oct 28, 2002
Hart_House_Ca said:
I feel there is a need to discuss the other side of canadians who feel the disbelief of the complete bias towards the selection of team WHL, I mean team Canada.

I know there are a lot of canadians who will be cheering for Team Canada. But I have a feeling there will be a few more cheering against them.

I love Canada, but like many other canadians, I dont' think this team is representative of true Canadians. Maybe sutter did select the best Canadians but to shun all of canada from even having a chance to compete for jobs is just a slap to the face. We're not asking to make it a fair selection but my god, how can you be blatantly bias toward the selection.

All 4 goalies from the WHL. Are you telling me there was not one goalie from the other two leagues capable of competing for jobs.

Dylan hunter was probably the biggest shocker. I also have a strong feeling that the remainder of the cuts will be from the OHL and QMJHL.

I can't say I will be cheering for fully for team Canada. But I will have a huge smile on my face if Team Canada does lose.

I hope when the Q gets in charge of the junior program, that they dont' select one player from the WHL. And when the OHL is in charge, I hope they dont' select one player from the WHL.

Hockey will divide Canada if it already hasn't.

I didn't read what other posters had to said. But I agree with you. It's a shame that there's so much guys that could've made it, but weren't even invited.

looooob

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Hart_House_Ca said:
Apparently this is turning out to be a pissing contest between NHL players from Ontario and Quebec vs Western Canada.

I find it hilarious that they even try to compare.

you do?

komisakick ass

Jul 19, 2003
Top Titty, Qc
Visit site
I'm from MTL but I have to admit that the west is strong this year, but you have to admit that Bernier and Picard should have a shot, com'on.

Do you remember Simon Gamache, or Corey Locke?
That is just an example but there is always a bias is the selection

Hart_House_Ca

Feb 21, 2004
looooob said:
ok this is nuts

who cares about the best players of ALL TIME when we are talking about the 2004-2005 World Junior Championship?? If you believe the last couple of drafts, currently the collection of circa 1985 Western born are very strong

as for Doan,Brewer,Regehr,Marleau etc not being CLOSE to being the best players in Canada, who would you take instead.

remember: a) McCabe is Western Canadian ;) and b ) Canada WON the tournament

Name two defensemen better than Rob Blake and Chris Pronger?

And dont' say Regehr? lmfao

Roughneck

Oct 15, 2003
Calgary
Visit site
Hart_House_Ca said:

funny, Gretzky is an Easterner is he not? And now being named to a team doesn't count anymore? WTF? They chose the fraking team, was it not Team Canada that won the Gold and world cup???

Then its amazing how Canada can find ways to win with all the scrubs it puts out on its teams.

Hart_House_Ca

Feb 21, 2004
Lance Peepeetch said:
Then why are you the only one that feels this way?

Canadians are a polite and modest people. I might be the only one that has the guts and courage to speak out. I do believe i'm not the only one that feels this way. I've read countless post by other members that also feel this way on tsn, sportsnet and other fan websites.

SeLaine

May 26, 2004
Hart House instead of all the criticizing of Western Canadian players go ahead and list your World Junior Team roster or who should have been on the World Cup team over the players you listed. I can't wait

Speed Demon

Nov 10, 2004
New Brunswick
It doesn't matter where they play and where they are from. Just as long as they are Canadian. The fact is that we must put together a team that will be unstoppable and if picking the majority of the players from the WHL is the answer, then so be it.

Mountain Dude

Hart_House_Ca said:

Regher is actually pretty clutch, he was the #1 defenseman for a team that came within 2 goals of the Stanely Cup, and he's only 25, can you say the same for Pronger, who has had a better team year after year after year?

LP

Dec 11, 2003
Visit site
theredmile said:
Hart House instead of all the criticizing of Western Canadian players go ahead and list your World Junior Team roster or who should have been on the World Cup team over the players you listed. I can't wait

This is the third time this has been brought up, he is simply ignoring it.

Roughneck

Oct 15, 2003
Calgary
Visit site
Hart_House_Ca said:

Well, it is hard to name two. Scott Niedermayer is currently the best defenseman in the world and all the up-and-comers are from the West.

Name 9 junior defensemen better than Phaneuf, Coburn, Weber, Green, Barker, Belle, Seabrook, Schutlz and Rogers.

Fact is, there were WHL players (defensemen) left OFF this team to add more players from other leagues.

Mountain Dude

Also, if you knew anything about hockey a coach picks certain players because he knows that they can play the way he needs them to play, if they picked a different coach, it would be a different situation. Sutter knows the players from the dub, why wouldn't he pick primarily players from the dub?

looooob

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Hart_House_Ca said:

huh?

seriously.

huh?

Pronger and Blake are great defenceman. I didn't realize teams only dress 2 dmen now though. I'm not seeing your point.

Pronger, Blake, Niedermayer. that's the big 3 right now in my mind

Hannan,McCabe,Regehr,Stuart,Bouwmeester,Redden,Brewer are some of the guys from the West who fit in in the next tier. obviously there are guys from Ontario and Quebec that are also good, but I don't see any evidence that you can make a list of guys from Ontario that is way better than the Western one

SeLaine

May 26, 2004
Roughneck said:
Well, it is hard to name two. Scott Niedermayer is currently the best defenseman in the world and all the up-and-comers are from the West.

Name 9 junior defensemen better than Phaneuf, Coburn, Weber, Green, Barker, Belle, Seabrook, Schutlz and Rogers.

Fact is, there were WHL players (defensemen) left OFF this team to add more players from other leagues.

Exactly there are good players from the WHL and NCAA for that matter who didn't get invites. When you have as many good junior players as our country unfortunetly some get the invite others don't. That's the wayy it is.

LaVal

Dec 13, 2002
Kelowna
Hart_House_Ca said:
I feel there is a need to discuss the other side of canadians who feel the disbelief of the complete bias towards the selection of team WHL, I mean team Canada.

I know there are a lot of canadians who will be cheering for Team Canada. But I have a feeling there will be a few more cheering against them.

I love Canada, but like many other canadians, I dont' think this team is representative of true Canadians. Maybe sutter did select the best Canadians but to shun all of canada from even having a chance to compete for jobs is just a slap to the face. We're not asking to make it a fair selection but my god, how can you be blatantly bias toward the selection.

All 4 goalies from the WHL. Are you telling me there was not one goalie from the other two leagues capable of competing for jobs.

Dylan hunter was probably the biggest shocker. I also have a strong feeling that the remainder of the cuts will be from the OHL and QMJHL.

I can't say I will be cheering for fully for team Canada. But I will have a huge smile on my face if Team Canada does lose.

I hope when the Q gets in charge of the junior program, that they dont' select one player from the WHL. And when the OHL is in charge, I hope they dont' select one player from the WHL.

Hockey will divide Canada if it already hasn't.

Western Canadians have had to put up with the pro-East mentality in Canadian hockey their entire lives, and on the very rare occasion something favors the west, a Leafs fan starts b*tching and crying.

this has got to be the most pathetic thing i've seen on this board all year.

Hart_House_Ca

Feb 21, 2004
theredmile said:

Again, let me reiterate. Its not about team canada but about the selection process and invites that i'm bothered about.

I could careless if all of team canada is from WHL, but to not give the other kids even one day to prove themselves is really not fair.

Thats like saying Randy ferby who won the World curling title why not let him represent Canada again and not play the briar. But thats not the case. Randy ferby has to compete against other canadian teams to represent Canada.

My beef is players from other leagues weren't given the chance. If they were given the chance to just get invited and were cut, do you think most of canada would be upset. no. We would clearly accept the coaches decision.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Mountain Dude said:
You're the absolute typical Toronto fan.

Maybe we went with WHL guys this year primarily to mix it up, we haven't won in 3 years, its time for a change.

WOW ..HOLD IT HOLD IT

He is even embarrassing to Leaf fans .. don't lump that lump in with real fans .. that is a whole different thread ...

Mountain Dude

The Messenger said:
WOW ..HOLD IT HOLD IT

He is even embarrassing to Leaf fans .. don't lump that lump in with real fans .. that is a whole different thread ...

Okay, let me rephrase, the "stereotypical HOMER leaf fan". Better? :dunno:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad