"Hockey gear and manufacturers that don't exist anymore" thread

Doctor Hook

Mar 11, 2006
Boston
As inspired by the "Jofa" thread, let us take a moment to pay our respects to the long-dead brands, gear, and other puck paraphenalia that we (provided you're above the age of 25 or so) grew up with.

I'll start...

• The white Canadian 6001 stick
  • Cooper SK 2000 helmets with interchangeable side molding
  • Jofa 686 long cuff gloves
  • Christian sticks with the SlapSock blade
  • the red and white Gretzky model Titan stick
  • Pat LaFontaine model Lousiville stick
  • neon Sher-Woods
  • Micron skates
  • enforcers

I could go on and on, but I'll let somebody else grab the mic as I wipe away a tear drop...

Doctor Hook

Mar 11, 2006
Boston
Here we go...the Cooper XL7 Helmet...we all know this one...(think Crow T RObot of MST3k)...big, bulky, looks like an astronaut wears it. It had the plastic square flaps on the side that you could swing open to adjust the size.

I remember getting this monstrosity as an ankle-bending house leaguer and it felt like my freakin' head was in a vice. Worst helmet ever, returned it the next day for a quality CCM HT2.

LoudmouthHemskyfan#1

May 15, 2003
E-town
I may not be over 25 yet, but I LOVED Christian sticks and blades. Those things had MEAN hooks on them and I scored at will with them. Something special about the feel they had too.

The Bauer Supreme/Professional gave me the biggest slapper in Atom through PeeWee. They just stopped making the specific model I liked one day.

Does Eagle still make gloves? I bought the one of the ugliest pairs they made just because they felt so good and none were gonna be in for 3 months.

stick9

Aug 12, 2004
I may not be over 25 yet, but I LOVED Christian sticks and blades. Those things had MEAN hooks on them and I scored at will with them. Something special about the feel they had too.

The Bauer Supreme/Professional gave me the biggest slapper in Atom through PeeWee. They just stopped making the specific model I liked one day.

Does Eagle still make gloves? I bought the one of the ugliest pairs they made just because they felt so good and none were gonna be in for 3 months.

Christian is back in business making sticks and blades.

Yes, Eagle still makes gloves. I own a pair and love em.

BruinBauerBoy

Jul 11, 2006
South Shore
Yes Christian is Harrow. Their sticks come with a 60 day waranty vice 30 from the other companies.

Old School Helmet: PRO-TEC the round one!! Velcro padding. Uglyest thing ever!

petenik

Oct 18, 2006
parts unknown
Cooperalls....nuff said...

I loved those Titan sticks....still have a couple in the garage and every once in a while at shinny you see someone with one...

mooseOAK*

Those Lange skates with the plastic boots.

Montreal and Toronto sticks, loved those back in the day.

Skroob*

Sherwood Al MacInnis blades. :(

and you cant forget the Cooper helmets, as worn by messier and the cast of the movie "Tron" lol.

HansonBro

May 3, 2006
Great call on the Dauoust skates. I got suckered into buying those overpriced pieces of crap in HS. Wish I had Bauer 3000s instead.

thankyou, i never had them but i heard they were supposed to be one of the most comfortable skates at the time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->