Hockey’s Future Top 50 NHL Prospects, 31-40

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jobu

Nov 17, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
Vlad The Impaler said:
I think you're confusing several issues and putting them incoherently in a big pile.
I also think you are showing zero tact jumping up and down and whining for God knows why.

Criticism is always fine in my book but it needs to be just. Yours is unfair in certain respects and lacks the most basic politeness required under the circumstances.

If HF is such a bad place, why are you even here? You make it sound like it's your worse nightmare.

I like how you compare this place to TSN, Yahoo and Hotmail. Shows how firmly grounded you are in reality.

Nice to see this site has its blind apologists. But at least you recognize this service is far beneath the legitimate and professional ones out there.

Unfair? Impolite? How so? Was it me who promised certain things? Is it a novel concept for a website dedicated to prospects to not have a "Top x" list for an entire season? Why not have last year's list up there?

Bush league and amateur. Those comments, I am sorry to say, are fact and are hardly out of line.

If you can't take the criticism, stop making promises and apologies.

Lunaris

Sep 29, 2002
Mascouche, Quebec
Visit site
I never said HF was bad or something, just slow. Yes, updates arent done as often as we would like, but still I think it's a very reliable source for prospect infos; and if you check the boards, it seems I am not the only one thinking that. I only stated that when Ken promised a top 50 (that honestly I wasnt waiting for anymore) it would be done on a regular basis, especially since the list is prolly all done and they only have to post it; IMO the delays discredits the HF org. and it's sad because I've noticed a will to be more up-to-date lately.

Jobu, if this isnt a good site for prospects, what do you suggest ??
Personally this is my fave

Jobu

Nov 17, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
Lunaris said:
I never said HF was bad or something, just slow. Yes, updates arent done as often as we would like, but still I think it's a very reliable source for prospect infos; and if you check the boards, it seems I am not the only one thinking that. I only stated that when Ken promised a top 50 (that honestly I wasnt waiting for anymore) it would be done on a regular basis, especially since the list is prolly all done and they only have to post it; IMO the delays discredits the HF org. and it's sad because I've noticed a will to be more up-to-date lately.

Jobu, if this isnt a good site for prospects, what do you suggest ??
Personally this is my fave

I don't think I said that this wasn't a good site for prospects; being the only one, if by nothing else other than default it is.

However, that doesn't excuse the glaring errors, omissions, and overall poor service.

Kevin Forbes

Jul 29, 2002
Nova Scotia
www.kforbesy.ca
There were a lot of issues involved with the ownership and management of the website that caused delays and cancellations of various things. However, as being a staff member before that, through that and now, I think HF is back on its feet and I know (for the organizational rankings at least) that there are plans to keep the team together and update frequently

Vlad The Impaler

Feb 27, 2002
Montreal
Jobu said:
Nice to see this site has its blind apologists. But at least you recognize this service is far beneath the legitimate and professional ones out there.

Since I'm recognizing the problems, I don't think I qualify as a blind apologist, don't you think.

Jobu said:
Unfair? Impolite? How so?

If you're seriously asking, you need help.

Now.

Jobu

Nov 17, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
Vlad The Impaler said:
Since I'm recognizing the problems, I don't think I qualify as a blind apologist, don't you think.

If you're seriously asking, you need help.

Now.

Thanks for adding nothing. Take your PC crusade somewhere else.

SwOOsh*

If your expectation of Hockey Future are on par with big big popular networks/sites like Yahoo, TSN, MSN who have also been developed for a long time then you need to open your eyes.

Hockey's Future might not be the "perfect" site right now, but it's still seems to get better and better every year. It takes time to learn from your mistakes and to be able to have a staff that will be able to meet deadlines. I for one believe that they are getting better every season, and maybe they aren't "up to par" yet, but as time goes by I think they will end up being very successful if they continue their improvement.

Jobu

Nov 17, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
SwOOsh said:
If your expectation of Hockey Future are on par with big big popular networks/sites like Yahoo, TSN, MSN who have also been developed for a long time then you need to open your eyes.

Hockey's Future might not be the "perfect" site right now, but it's still seems to get better and better every year. It takes time to learn from your mistakes and to be able to have a staff that will be able to meet deadlines. I for one believe that they are getting better every season, and maybe they aren't "up to par" yet, but as time goes by I think they will end up being very successful if they continue their improvement.

Since when does asking for promises to be kept and expecting a Top 50 list of some sort on a HOCKEY PROSPECT site equate to expectations being on par with the other sites?

Yet another apologist.

If I ran this site out of my garage my first action would be to put up a Top 50 list, or at least something other than the Blue Jackets' top 10 prospects for the past year.

Sammy*

Jobu said:
Thanks for adding nothing. Take your PC crusade somewhere else.
Hey Genius, other than your complaint about the top 50 & the slow server,what are your other complaints?
And btw, if you are trying to draw analogies, draw ones that make sense (ie. a non profit site vs a another non profit site, not a site like HF vs ESPN).
Lastly , if you are going to use overused terms like "p.c" at least have the brain power to use them in the proper context.

Aaron Vickers

FCHockey
Mar 4, 2002
Calgary, AB
www.nhlentrydraft.com
Jobu said:
What if TSN's scores are all wrong and they report inaccurate stories?

Well, those would be OBJECTIVE mistakes...

Because you don't agree with the way prospects are ranked, who is to say who is right in the deal? You may disagree on a prospect that I hold high, and even the reverse. Who is to say you are right over me?

People will always disagree with SUBJECTIVE issues...it's just the way we are. We both have to see a 2-0 score, because that's the way it is, but we can argue to the death a players potential, because it is 100% subjective in how we see things. Opinions are like that.

Aaron Vickers

FCHockey
Mar 4, 2002
Calgary, AB
www.nhlentrydraft.com
Jobu said:
If I ran this site out of my garage my first action would be to put up a Top 50 list, or at least something other than the Blue Jackets' top 10 prospects for the past year.

You mean the Jackets Top Ten Prospects aren't the league's top ten prospects???

It came with the re-design of the site, another addition to increase your viewing pleasure.

Dr_Chimera*

Gee Wally said:
you may consider taking your viewing time elsewhere.

Say goodnight,

Good show, Wally. Show him who's boss - ban his fat behind.

And if anyone else has the gull to complain about hf, ban them too - and their family and friends as well.

This is unacceptable. HF should be supported with great enthusiasm and undying admiration. Evildoers begone!

Dr_Chimera*

HF Sabres Editor said:
Relax, folks, the list will be out fully by the weekend. If you have a beef, take it up with me via PM or e-mail.

to all involved..and you know who you are...

knock off the personal chatter and hash it out via PM...

SwOOsh*

I don't understand why people complain once the list starts coming out. It is coming out and they have been releasing parts of it once every few weeks, just hold your horses young ones =P

ceber

Apr 28, 2003
Wyoming, MN
Lunaris said:
IMO the delays discredits the HF org. and it's sad because I've noticed a will to be more up-to-date lately.

It's only been two weeks since they announced the list was finished; that's not really that much time, is it?

leafaholix*

ceber said:
It's only been two weeks since they announced the list was finished; that's not really that much time, is it?
The list has been done for a while... and if it hasn't, I'm not sure why you'd release a top 50's list at the end of the NHL season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->