Hockey’s Future Top 50 NHL Prospects, 21-30

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slats432

Jun 2, 2002
hockeypedia.com
MisterUnspoken said:
Anton Babchuk (pretty sure he was left off)

As the guy that is going to be redoing the Blackhawks rankings and articles for them, I would personally be VERY surprised if Anton Babchuk is left off the list.

Given the straight up choice between Babchuk and Woywitka, I would take Babchuk.

sveiglar

Feb 27, 2002
PEli said:
No, no, no. You got me all wrong. I was referring to the reason that the Devils as an organization went to #4 in the rankings.

Good, I'll sleep better tonight knowing that my impressions of you haven't been shattered with homerism. :p

That said, I was also very surprised that the Devils ranked #4 in the organizational rankings. Pleasantly surprised, but surprised nonetheless.

Enoch

This is my boomstick
Jul 2, 2003
Cookeville TN
slats432 said:
Personally I am amazed that Grigorenko is still on anyone's list.(And I do not know if he is on the HF list.) I thought him an amazing prospect until his accident, but until he proves he still deserves to be there, then I think he should be dropped. Only personal opinion though.

I agree as well.

Caniac, how old is Kahnberg now? Does he still qualify?

The only player that I really feel that may have been snubbed on this list is Timofei Shishkanov :/. He has been flying under the radar for awhile now, but I'm not sure he is a top 20 prospect right now (which is where he would have to rank...to make the grade).

superjonathan

Dec 18, 2003
london, uk
vik said:
these players still haven't been named and I expect them to be in the top 20, that leaves 2 more...

Grigorenko
Suter
Coburn
Lehtonen
Marc-Andre Fleury
Ryan Miller
Anthony Stewert
Zherdev
Phaneuf
Michalek
Mark Stuart
Kasistyn
Vanek
Parise
Carter
Tyutin
O'Sullivan
Grebeshkov

i don't think fleury is eligible.

friction

5-14-6-1
Nov 17, 2003
Calgary
For Edmonton's sake, I wouldn't think that Woywitka is their top prospect, so I would expect to see JD Deslauriers in one of the next 2 lists.

Randall Graves*

Toivonen won't do it with the Bruins, I can't see why anyone would think Toivonen would steal Andrew Raycrofts spot within the next 5 years.

leafaholix*

oilers112 said:
For Edmonton's sake, I wouldn't think that Woywitka is their top prospect, so I would expect to see JD Deslauriers in one of the next 2 lists.
I'll take Doug Lynch over both those dudes.

He's amazing.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
Ryan Getzlaf at 22 is a joke. The guy has been incredible all season, from almost making the Ducks this season to having the best PPG in the dub. No offensive upside, my @$$!. He's a top 20 if not top 10 prospect. I also fail to see how he's not better than Jeff Woywitka(no offense to Jeff). Cory Perry is also one of the bigger snubs on this list. :madfire: :mad: :mad: :mad:

BTW, Caniacforever, you're right. Ward deserves to be on the list, too. He'd be around Harding on the list, either a bit up or a bit below.

leafaholix*

ducksflytogether said:
Ryan Getzlaf at 22 is a joke. The guy has been incredible all season, from almost making the Ducks this season to having the best PPG in the dub. No offensive upside, my @$$!. He's a top 20 if not top 10 prospect. I also fail to see how he's not better than Jeff Woywitka(no offense to Jeff). Cory Perry is also one of the bigger snubs on this list. :madfire: :mad: :mad: :mad:

BTW, Caniacforever, you're right. Ward deserves to be on the list, too. He'd be around Harding on the list, either a bit up or a bit below.
Perry is a very "meh" prospect.

He's big and is a poor skater... he's also very thin.

And Ryan Getzlaf was very average during the WJC... I wouldn't say he's a top 10 prospect, 22 seems to be very fair... especially considering he was just drafted last June.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
Leafaholix said:
Perry is a very "meh" prospect.

He's big and is a poor skater... he's also very thin.
He is 6`3 200....thats not too thin....around the same as Getzlaf.
His skating has also improved alot over the year....when I seen him play he was diminant and I feel he is a top 50 prospect.

leafaholix*

JasonMacIsaac said:
He is 6`3 200....thats not too thin....around the same as Getzlaf.
His skating has also improved alot over the year....when I seen him play he was diminant and I feel he is a top 50 prospect.
I've seen him play a few times this season and his skating is still very average.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
Leafaholix said:
I've seen him play a few times this season and his skating is still very average.
Maybe his top end speed. You don't have to have great top end speed, as long as you can't get to the holes fast enough....something I though Perry was good at.

leafaholix*

JasonMacIsaac said:
Maybe his top end speed. You don't have to have great top end speed, as long as you can't get to the holes fast enough....something I though Perry was good at.
Well... his speed isn't the main problem, the problem is that he's easily knocked down and doesn't have great balance. The speed also needs work, but if you're 6'3, 200 pounds... you shouldn't be moved that easily.

He still looks very lanky for a guy around 200 pounds.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
Leafaholix said:
Well... his speed isn't the main problem, the problem is that he's easily knocked down and doesn't have great balance. The speed also needs work, but if you're 6'3, 200 pounds... you shouldn't be moved that easily.

He still looks very lanky for a guy around 200 pounds.
Because a guy isn't all that strong at 18/19 he misses out on a top 50 list? He will grow and get stronger. From what I hear he has a great work ethic and works really hard on his game in offseasons. The guy has tons of potential....isn't this what the list should be made up of.

leafaholix*

Well... yes, if he's very lanky and is an average skater, that's a reason why he's not a top 50 prospect right now.

If he improves his skating and gets stronger by the next list, then he'll make it... I just don't think a 18/19 year old guy can make the list because all he has to do is get stronger and improve his skating.

It's the top 50 prospects right now... and he's definately not a top 50 prospect.

Coffey77

Mar 12, 2002
Visit site
Caniacforever said:
Well, i'm pretty sure he's 23 about to be 24. He's still a prospect by HF standards.

His age is probably what is hurting him. Same with Miettinen of Dallas. I'm not saying that they can't make it to the NHL but they have less time than some of the other guys to develop into full-time pros.

I've looked at the list so far and there aren't many guys that are 24 years old.

Das Rancor

Dec 4, 2002
Saukkola City
Visit site
GermanGirl said:
Well hallo!
I agree on Ehelechner, I think he's going to be awesome but he doesn't derserve to be on his list, he's playing his first junior hockey season, unlike Leclaire or Quellet or Bryzgalov who have played in the NHL already.

Goc is immensly overrated, I like him but he won't ever produce a lot of points and is also not really physical!

Tagchen!

Allright, allright... I guess i'm a homer... :)

It just would be nice to see the germans getting some respect...

And i do think that Goc will become a second liner... He's shown he can score, or well at least assist... It'll take him a while... But i still believe in him...

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
Leafaholix said:
Well... yes, if he's very lanky and is an average skater, that's a reason why he's not a top 50 prospect right now.

If he improves his skating and gets stronger by the next list, then he'll make it... I just don't think a 18/19 year old guy can make the list because all he has to do is get stronger and improve his skating.

It's the top 50 prospects right now... and he's definately not a top 50 prospect.
I don't see why not, A top prospect is defined by potential from what I recall. Perry has some of the best potential in the prospect group right now.

MisterUnspoken

Vintage
Nov 10, 2002
New York
JasonMacIsaac said:
Because a guy isn't all that strong at 18/19 he misses out on a top 50 list? He will grow and get stronger. From what I hear he has a great work ethic and works really hard on his game in offseasons. The guy has tons of potential....isn't this what the list should be made up of.

Yeah but no way should he be ahead of a guy like Eric Fehr (who has similiar issues with size, but not to Perrys extent), and he barely made the list. Perry is a top 60 prospect perhaps, but he just misses the cut

Frenzy31

May 21, 2003
Teemu08 said:
the blues have top 50 worthy prospects? coulda fooled me...

They have two that one could make very convincing arguements for:

Alexi Shkotov who plays in Quebec and tends to get overlooked due to Josh Hennessy being a fantastic player.

The other is Konstantin Zakharov who plays w/ Moncton. He had a little slump in Feb, but he has come out of it and by all acounts playing well.

Just because Blues fans dont talk about our prospects, doesn't mean don't have any.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->