Hockey’s Future Top 50 NHL Prospects, 21-30

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enoch

This is my boomstick
Jul 2, 2003
Cookeville TN
Timofei Shishkanov is still not mentioned......I'm beginning to believed he may have been snubbed. Either that, or he may have actually receieved a very nice review *(hopes its true)*.

Forgot COMPLETELY about Ilya Bryzgalov...Really surprised that Kesler was on this list, as I didn't think he would be eligible :dunno: I guess I need to check over the requirements.

Last edited:

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
It is now apparent that the team ranked 4th in the last ranking done by a differernt group will only have 1 player represented in this list. Bahumbug

Enoch

This is my boomstick
Jul 2, 2003
Cookeville TN
JasonMacIsaac said:
It is now apparent that the team ranked 4th in the last ranking done by a differernt group will only have 1 player represented in this list. Bahumbug

I could say that they shouldn't have been ranked 4th after losing several of their d prospects to the big club and adding little (save for Parise). I think they should have remained where they were the previous year 12ish.....not 4ish :dunno:. Not to malign the Devils prospects in anyway :p

And as for those rankings, the Predators dropped, despite adding 14 draft picks (6 of them in the first three rounds) to the prospect pool....:dunno:

PEli*

Enoch said:
I could say that they shouldn't have been ranked 4th after losing several of their d prospects to the big club and adding little (save for Parise)

Vrana and Khomutov? Plus Suglobov and Pihlman coming over from Europe and making an impact in Albany. Not to mention guys like Voros and Tallackson having decent seasons.

Maybe I'm just a homer.

db23

How did Leclaire have a "successful debut" with Columbus? His record shows 2 losses in 2 games with a 3.52 GAAvg and an .899 Save %. :dunno:

Hitman*

Ryan Getzlaf

"His offensive upside is not significant, but he should be a solid second-line center for the Ducks. It is possible that Getzlaf could push for a roster spot as soon as next year."

I must say I am very disapointed with this one. After watching this year, how can you say he doesn't have a nice offensive upside. He led the Hitmen in scoring despote playing very few games. Plus he contended for a roster spot THIS year in Anaheim. One would figure he'll have one next year.

Also no mention of his WHL 1st Team All-Star nod. Which is pretty significant seeing as the number of games he played.

4:20

Mar 23, 2002
B.C.
Visit site
Hitman said:
Ryan Getzlaf

"His offensive upside is not significant, but he should be a solid second-line center for the Ducks. It is possible that Getzlaf could push for a roster spot as soon as next year."

I must say I am very disapointed with this one. After watching this year, how can you say he doesn't have a nice offensive upside. He led the Hitmen in scoring despote playing very few games. Plus he contended for a roster spot THIS year in Anaheim. One would figure he'll have one next year.

Also no mention of his WHL 1st Team All-Star nod. Which is pretty significant seeing as the number of games he played.

That same line stood out in my mind too. I am far from an expert on Getzlaf, but I have seen him live a handful of times, and read just about everything that has been said about him in the last year or two, and my impression was that he had pretty good offensive upside.

I know junior stats don't translate to the NHL but I believe that he led the WHL in PPG this season...

Coffey77

Mar 12, 2002
Visit site
From reading the first article, it says that the Wings are represented well. I see Kronwall at 37 and Hudler at 25. So that means Grigorenko is probably somewhere on that list. I can't see any other Wing making the grade.

I expected that those 3 guys would make it somewhere in the top 50.

I thought the Predators and Devils would have more guys on the list.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Seems pretty good to me.
Of course I'm disapointed Wlech didn't get mentionned but these ten guys are where they should be in my book.

Phaze

Feb 27, 2002
Enoch said:
Timofei Shishkanov is still not mentioned......I'm beginning to believed he may have been snubbed. Either that, or he may have actually receieved a very nice review *(hopes its true)*.

Shishkanov should certainly be on the list. If he isn't, I won't be impressed at all. I realize that these lists must be impossible to do, but it looks like some guys may have been snubbed because they aren't as popular...

Randall Graves*

I'm glad Ryan Getzlaf has no significant offensive upside, i'm glad his 1.53 PPG average is a fluke.

Other observations, Toivonen won't be the starter in Boston unless Andrew Raycroft falls off the face of the earth...Jiri Hudler is also rated entirely too high, he won't amount to anything in the NHL with his poor work habits.

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
I'm shocked to see Toivonen, Leclaire, and Bryzgalov before Ouellet.

Max has been great for Washington and Portland. HF realizes he's behind our franchises' most popular player and reknown workhorse don't they?

jincargo

Jan 28, 2004
Yeah Im not getting the whole Ouellet being ranked lower than Toivonen, Leclaire, and Bryzgalov thing.

thestonedkoala

Personally I won't be bummed if none of the Wild prospects are on there. I could see Harding and O'Sullivan but it's a stretch to see them in the top 20.

V for Voodoo

Nov 7, 2002
Boom Shaka-Laka.
Visit site
Enoch said:
Timofei Shishkanov is still not mentioned.

As much as I like him, Shishkanov is not a top 20 prospect, so I don't think we'll see him on this list.
It is unfortunate, because he truly deserves to be, but generally it's very difficult for a player who was not a top prospect in junior, or a high draft pick to climb the charts despite AHL success. Players like him fly under the radar, but no matter, he will be a good one.

Das Rancor

Dec 4, 2002
Saukkola City
Visit site
No love for the germans

Germans??? What?
Yeah, germans...
Mainly with the Sharks...
They have 5 german prospects and i think at least one of 'em should be on this list...
One of these three:

Marcel Goc - Very nice two-way player, has the potential to become a second Sturm... Sturm? So? Well, try to make a proposal to the Sharks fans about him and you probably won't come near of getting him unless you throw in some BIG name...
Goc's stock has fallen 'cause his production hasn'b been as good as expected after his draft year...
Prediction: in 2-3 years a 2nd line center with 50 pts. In his prime maybe 60 (20+40)

Christian Ehrhoff: Very nice two-way defender with a nice shot and a lot of potential. His comparisons to Gonchar might be far-fetched, but nontheless a good prospect for the Sharks...
Prediction: in 2-3 years a top four with 30-40 pts. In his prime up to 50 pts.

Patrick Ehelechner - Arguably the best goalie in the OHL. A 4th rounder (like Ehrhoff), so he doesn't get that much attention, but he has definite starter potential.
Prediction: Challenging the starter in 4-5 years (well, you know the goalie situation in the NHL). In his prime a top15 starter...

Watch out, the germans are coming...

Ejh18

Mar 3, 2003
Columbus
Visit site
db23 said:
How did Leclaire have a "successful debut" with Columbus? His record shows 2 losses in 2 games with a 3.52 GAAvg and an .899 Save %. :dunno:

What is it that you have against Leclaire? You obviously dont like him for some reason...

Pascal played very well while in Columbus. It is obvious you didnt see either of the games, but instead of just reading the stats...

JVR

HeadHitsAreNotIllega
Jul 17, 2002
Visit site
Das Rancor said:
Germans??? What?
Yeah, germans...
Mainly with the Sharks...
They have 5 german prospects and i think at least one of 'em should be on this list...
One of these three:

Marcel Goc - Very nice two-way player, has the potential to become a second Sturm... Sturm? So? Well, try to make a proposal to the Sharks fans about him and you probably won't come near of getting him unless you throw in some BIG name...
Goc's stock has fallen 'cause his production hasn'b been as good as expected after his draft year...
Prediction: in 2-3 years a 2nd line center with 50 pts. In his prime maybe 60 (20+40)

Christian Ehrhoff: Very nice two-way defender with a nice shot and a lot of potential. His comparisons to Gonchar might be far-fetched, but nontheless a good prospect for the Sharks...
Prediction: in 2-3 years a top four with 30-40 pts. In his prime up to 50 pts.

Patrick Ehelechner - Arguably the best goalie in the OHL. A 4th rounder (like Ehrhoff), so he doesn't get that much attention, but he has definite starter potential.
Prediction: Challenging the starter in 4-5 years (well, you know the goalie situation in the NHL). In his prime a top15 starter...

Watch out, the germans are coming...

Well hallo!
I agree on Ehelechner, I think he's going to be awesome but he doesn't derserve to be on his list, he's playing his first junior hockey season, unlike Leclaire or Quellet or Bryzgalov who have played in the NHL already.

Goc is immensly overrated, I like him but he won't ever produce a lot of points and is also not really physical!

SmokeyClause

Feb 27, 2002
Miami, FL
Visit site
Vee-Dub said:
Shishkanov should certainly be on the list. If he isn't, I won't be impressed at all. I realize that these lists must be impossible to do, but it looks like some guys may have been snubbed because they aren't as popular...

Upshall and Suter are on the list because they have hype that transcends their fanbase. But these lists, if I am not mistaken, are made by many writers from many team pages. They came together, pool their thoughts and come up with a list. The Preds don't have a writer who is able to contribute to the list, so we are going to come up a tad underrepresented. It's the nature of the beast.

Starsdude

Jul 7, 2002
Visit site
Stars look like they will be shutout although Erikkson has outplayed Nillson this year. Daley also misses although at 20 has logged NHL time. The goalies are always hard to gauge and Cash has been inconsistent. Guys like Jokinin and Miettinen surely as much upside as Upshall or Kesler. Really I think Daley and Erikkson deserve mention

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->