Hockey’s Future Top 50 NHL Prospects, 1-10

Status
Not open for further replies.

jincargo

Jan 28, 2004
Phaneuf at #3? Wow...I know he's good and all but I dont think he's that good.

leafaholix*

Igor Grigorenko is ahead of Zach Parise... who would'a thunk it?

Coffey77

Mar 12, 2002
Visit site
Leafaholix said:
Igor Grigorenko is ahead of Zach Parise... who would'a thunk it?

Surprised Igor made it to number 7 on the list. But a major injury to Michalek didn't kill his rating either so...

I wonder how Grigorenko has looked in those games that he has played.

I like Lehtonen and Zherdev where they are on the list. I've seen Zherdev play a couple of times on TV and he's looks so deadly out there. Kind of reminds me of Kovalchuk.

Ken McKenna

Mar 1, 2002
www.hockeysfuture.com
Before the catcalls over Zherdev's inclusion begin, I did try to make a substitution, but could not find a credible candidate for the top 10. Since we'll most likely be changing the prospect criteria, anyway, I figured I would leave him on the list.

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
Coffey77 said:
Surprised Igor made it to number 7 on the list. But a major injury to Michalek didn't kill his rating either so...

I wonder how Grigorenko has looked in those games that he has played.

I like Lehtonen and Zherdev where they are on the list. I've seen Zherdev play a couple of times on TV and he's looks so deadly out there. Kind of reminds me of Kovalchuk.

Ryan Miller should not be a top 10 prospect...

and where is Alex Semin? he's played less than Zherdev, and had comparable #s.

Last edited:

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
strungout said:

strung, awful avatar...Barker is an offensive defenseman, and top 10...

:amazed:

Last edited:

Randall Graves*

No offense to Igor Grigorenko but if he barely played this year why does he get up to 7th? Ryan Miller top 10?

Come on guys...

MisterUnspoken

Vintage
Nov 10, 2002
New York
No Babchuk, what does he have to do to get some respect?.... Ryan Miller higher than Oulette, Toivenen, and Bryzgalov?

Good work overall guys. But lets just agree to disagree on these calls. ;)

Phanuthier*

strungout said:
Way to pay attension. He was #2 on THN.

The only one debatable to be rated higher than Phaneuf is Fleury.

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
Appreciate the effort guys!

Although something really bothers me about Coburn being that high.

Frenzy31

May 21, 2003
RallyKiller said:
No offense to Igor Grigorenko but if he barely played this year why does he get up to 7th? Ryan Miller top 10?

Come on guys...

I agree w/ Rallykiller: Until Grigorenko has played to the level he was at prior to the horrible wreck, then he has no place on this list of top 50. :banghead:

This is almost like a mercy ranking, IMO. I am glad that he has played a couple games in the last 2 weeks, but... this is a top 50 list and should include what he has accomplished this year.

Teemu

Caffeine Free Since 1919
Dec 3, 2002
Pssst... you forgot Anton Babchuk

how does Seabrook make the list, but not Babchuk? I must question the research done on these lists if this is the case.

X-SHARKIE

The only good thing I've seen in this list was that Bernier deservinly did make the list.

Anton Babchuk is a stud, robbed, Kolstov another defensman stud with a huge mean streak but robbed.

Nikolai Zherdev and Dion Phaneuf over Marc-Andre Fleury? WHA?

Cobourn at 10 isnt that bad..... I do have beef with the Grigorenko thing, higher then Michalek? Higher then Parise? Higher then Anthony Stewart?

Oh well....Good job none the less...enjoyed the read.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
Wow. In case no one watched this season, Nikolai Zherdev played since around December. How is he still a prospect?

Also, no Babchuk, no Koltsov, and what are guys like Grigorenko and Miller doing in the top 10? They're good prospects, but not top 10. Them, and guys who've done worse than their draft year like Coburn and Vanek are taking higher spots from like Parises, Getzlafs, and Carters.

IFK

Jul 25, 2003
Visit site
This is good list and thank you for that. That list is a few player which i was put some other way but still very good list. I am glad to see Kari first place that list, that was right choise. I really agree that TOP 5. I think 2 that Lehtonen, Zherdev and Phaneuf is better prospects than Fleury and this is not against M-A.

ParisSaintGermain

Jan 19, 2004
Frenzy1 said:
I agree w/ Rallykiller: Until Grigorenko has played to the level he was at prior to the horrible wreck, then he has no place on this list of top 50. :banghead:

Yep this is really a strange pick. I mean I would have understand this two years ago but now... And this is justified as well by the fact he was able to play two playoffs games with Tagliatti?????? :shakehead
I wish him all the best but there is a chance he may never see a north American rink. To put him 7th on this list has to be a massive optimistic gamble.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->