Hobey Baker

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jori

Matt Carle for Hobey! I think the junior defensemen will take it this year (homer vote). Denver is starting to play better hockey and he is leading the Pioneers in scoring (tied for fourth in the nation). The Sharks GM has been following his last few games closely. DU has won two national championships and if Carle takes home the Hobey Baker, I can see him jumping to the next level. When San Jose traded Stuart I felt the door was open for Carle to make the jump early. Selfishly, I hope he stays for his senior season.

Sticking with DU, senior Gabe Gauthier will draw some interest. I've read from other DU posters that the Ducks approached him last offseason. I think Anaheim will continue to show interest and I hope the Avs do as well.

dunwoody_joe

Mar 16, 2002
atlanta
Visit site
I would offer a tryout contract to these players: Marty Sertich,
Chris Collins, Reid Cashman, Kevin Croxton, Andy Greene.

Draft eligible this year and worth a shot: Alex Foster.

bennypeyton

Jul 29, 2005
www.ak907clothing.com
I agree that Elliot should be the man, depending on when he comes back from his injury. By far the most valuable player in the country, as their last two homestands indicate. For a team that doesn't light it up offensively, Elliot is a Godsend. Totally different team without him.

Have to put a plug in for Matt Carle. Best defenseman I've seen in college hockey for a while. Think about his resume over the last 26 months - two national championships, one world junior championship.

Gophers

Nov 23, 2004
The names that come to mind are Brian Elliot and Matt Carle.
Irmen has been RED HOT lately.
Brett Sterling maybe?
It will be someone in the WCHA.

Kritty

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
dunwoody_joe said:
I would offer a tryout contract to these players: Marty Sertich,
Chris Collins, Reid Cashman, Kevin Croxton, Andy Greene.

Draft eligible this year and worth a shot: Alex Foster.

Someone may need to correct me here, but isn't Foster a free agent? he's an 84 birthdate, I didn't think they were draft eligible.

Oilers Chick

Jun 7, 2002
Philly in April 2014
Visit site
Kritty said:
Someone may need to correct me here, but isn't Foster a free agent? he's an 84 birthdate, I didn't think they were draft eligible.

You're correct. He is too old for the draft and I'll guarantee you that the NHL is paying attention to him. Now whether he actually gets picked up or not (or how well he does at the pro level) remains to be seen.

Benny: Elliott is expected back around mid-February. He'll likely miss the Frozen Tundra Classic (the game at Lambeau vs. Ohio State on February 11th), but should be back soon thereafter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad