Hmmm .... Zach Hyman

Status
Not open for further replies.

2legit2quit

Oct 27, 2017
Hmmm ... Zach Hyman.

With Matthews out, Hyman is looking like a fringe NHLer --- he is only hanging on the roster by his PK abilities.

More so, isn't Kapanen just as good a PKer as Hyman, and isn't Kapanen just as good a forechecker as Hyman?

Before you say "Babs wants to spread out the offense like nutella on your girls ass". Shouldn't superior players get more minutes?

Why do the best players play on the top lines? If the reason for playing Kappy on the 4th line was to spread out offense, why isn't Matthews on the 4th line? Why isn't JVR on the 4th line with Komarov/Pleks?

Just like in hockey or baseball or any sport, your BETTER PLAYERS should be getting more minutes, and QUALITY MINUTES.

Should Hyman be demoted to the 4th line? And Kappy promoted amongst Matthews' wing? Kappanen can play both RW/LW.

Kapanen is as good as Hyman defensively/forechecking ------ Why waste Kappanen on the 4th line, when we can play him on the 1st line with Matthews, and he can produce double the points Hyman does? Why not give it a try in the final 17 games?

2 Slick

Oct 23, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
Hyman isn't first line material. I don't care what anyone tries to preach to me about, OMG, his work ethic and work along the boards. He's 10th in team scoring (points) and plays on the FIRST line. When Bozak has been having a below average year and has more points than someone that plays on the first line with Matthews and Nylander, you know something is wrong.

How are you 10th in points total on your team when you play on the first line with Matthews and Nylander? That's just awful.

Hell, Matthews has missed 12 games and still has almost 20 more points than Hyman does.

He's a third or forth liner on any other team, period.

Jozay

Jul 9, 2012
Toronto
We know he's not a first liner. I'd prefer Kapanen on that line with Matthews and Willy, but its not going to change.

And to be fair to Hyman, he's been pretty good on that line this year.

I think the bigger issue is that Polak is regularly in the lineup.

SHANNYPLAN

Nov 24, 2016
He's not a top 6 guy, he'd look great in a shutdown role with Kadri or even on the 4th line with Pleks and Komarov. That being said, its not his fault he's in the position he's in, and works hard to be somewhat productive

PuckMagi

Apr 13, 2013
Toronto
Hyman sucks. Should be on the Marlies bottom 6.

He does try hard and he's pretty good on the PK. Shouldn't be making over $1 million.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
I like hyman and I think he's OK on the top line. But I think kapanen would be a lot better than just OK and would improve the team

2legit2quit

Oct 27, 2017
my god this fan base sometimes.. 2 games without AM, now fringe NHLer.

Why are you acting like Hyman pulls his weight, EVEN WITH Matthews playing?

Hyman is a PKer and tenacious forechecker ---- those are good qualities, however, if you put any AHL defensive winger --- you will get the exact same results as Hyman.

TBH, Matthews will never score 100 points while playing with Hyman.

When Crosby scored 100+ points, even he didn't have a winger like Hyman on his line. Players like Kunitz pulled their weight playing with Crosby.\

Look what happened to Connor Sheary, he stopped producing on Crosby's line, and then got SWIFTLY DEMOTED TO THE 4TH LINE.

Reactions: Tlo1 and ToMaLe

2legit2quit

Oct 27, 2017
There's not minutes in baseball and there's a strategy every team uses.

Also, Hitters 1-5 (the teams top hitters) get more AT-BATS.

You should be knowledgeable about something before claiming it to be otherwise when you talk. Just a suggestion.

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
In BASEBALL, your TOP HITTERS play HIGHER in the lineup ..... There are 9 hitters in baseball..

Hitters 1-5 are your top hitters, and 6-9 are not your best hitters.
Yah but your best hitter doesn't hit 1,2. They hit 3,4.

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
Also, Hitters 1-5 (the teams top hitters) get more AT-BATS.

You should be knowledgeable about something before claiming it to be otherwise when you talk. Just a suggestion.
I thought you were implying that the best hitters go 1 and 2 and you're still wrong. The best hitters go 3,4.

2legit2quit

Oct 27, 2017
Yah but your best hitter doesn't hit 1,2. They hit 3,4.

But, either way, your top hitters DO NOT HIT IN THE 6-9 spots. 1,2 and 3,4 isn't much of a difference since there is 3 outs in an inning.

So, your point makes no sense.

I was making an anology to NHL lineups, YOUR BEST PLAYERS PLAY higher in the line up...

Do the best players in baseball play 6-9 hitting?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->