Hip Pointer

Status
Not open for further replies.

dbbourn

Aug 22, 2005
New Jersey
About a month ago my friend convinced me to fill in for his roller hockey team because they needed me for the finals. It was a real chippy game, and I don't wear a girdle for roller hockey. At some point there must have been some contact with my hip. I didn't really notice it during the game, but when I went off to my ice hockey game later that night I could barely skate or shoot. Eventually I worked through it and started to take regular shifts in the 2nd period, but the injury is still lingering. Right now I feel fine skating and shooting out there and I can handle a little bit of contact on that hip. What really hurts is when I cough, and the worst is when I sneeze. The muscles in the abdomen tense up during these times and I'm sure that is why it is so painful. Other than these times and it being a little tender it seems like it isn't something too major.

Has anybody ever had a hip pointer? How long did it stick around?

jaywills1020

Mar 14, 2004
ive had one before. i got blasted while taking a shot and fell right on my right hip. not to sound like a tough guy but i heal like wolverine from x men lol so i was good to go in a few days. but it did hurt like son of a b

nni

Dec 29, 2005
jus monitor it. if it lingers for more than a month, get it checked out. i had a hip problem that i ignored and recently got it checked (almost a year after the fact) and i have a torn labrum that requires surgery.

dbbourn

Aug 22, 2005
New Jersey
nni said:
jus monitor it. if it lingers for more than a month, get it checked out. i had a hip problem that i ignored and recently got it checked (almost a year after the fact) and i have a torn labrum that requires surgery.

Thanks. Actually, I have noticed over the past few days that most of the pain has gone away. Perhaps it had something to do with not playing this week. :) Maybe I'm not quite "wolverine", but I usually heal pretty quickly. Sorry to hear you needed surgery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->