Recalled/Assigned: Hinostroza Recalled 2/26/23

Dex

Complementary
Sponsor
Dec 5, 2011
Under Deep Cover
I know guys wish it was Kulich but Vinnie went down due to the roster spot and he's been a good soldier. He was going to get the first forward call up.

I agree completely with that sentiment. Kulich certainly is the hot commodity in Rochester that is gaining the most notoriety insofar as desirability for a recall. But at 18, he's not ready yet for the NHL. If there were no Vinnie, I'd prefer to see Rousek - mostly because it seems that he has potential as a bottom six guy for Buffalo and with five current Sabres (six if you count Bjork) forwards in the last year of their current contracts, decisions will need to be made. Same goes for Weissbach relative getting some time with the Sabres.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I agree completely with that sentiment. Kulich certainly is the hot commodity in Rochester that is gaining the most notoriety insofar as desirability for a recall. But at 18, he's not ready yet for the NHL. If there were no Vinnie, I'd prefer to see Rousek - mostly because it seems that he has potential as a bottom six guy for Buffalo and with five current Sabres (six if you count Bjork) forwards in the last year of their current contracts, decisions will need to be made. Same goes for Weissbach relative getting some time with the Sabres.

Rousek has been my #1 recall target for some time as well. He plays in all three zones and has the speed/pace to make that a weapon at the next level. He also has plenty of brass to go into traffic and as he put it "do what is necessary to win" after he got clubbed by Raddysh in scoring that ENG against Syracuse.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
To be clear…Kulich’s season between his growth in Rochester and his WJC has all gone pretty much best case scenario. There is every reason to be excited about what he’s going to becom…and everything he does will translate to the NHL IMO. I’m not even going to tell you that he couldnt come in today and be fine…and probably start producing by the end of the year.

But that is not what they need right now. An 18 year old learning another level on the fly isn’t the best case for him or the team. So they shouldn’t pull him out of what has been his best case.

They need their GM to do his job so while other teams around us are getting stronger…we aren’t playing Bryson and Clague on D behind Hinostroza and or Asplund

If they’re doing this…it should have been Rousek. He’s earned the call. He’s 23 with a lot more pro experience than Kulich.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad