GDT: Hickster Pucksters visit Puckster Hicksters

The Faulker 27

Nov 15, 2011
Sauna-Aho
Of course Rangers/Devils and Blue Jackets/Penguins both end up being 3 point games

This is the Metro, and one of the main reasons we're all pissing and moaning even after winning 4 out 5 (not to mention an 8-1 loss). It's brutal. Losing in regulation is almost not an option if they expect to move up. Screw the games in hand. Means jack shit unless you can capitalize.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
and still, looking at the standings:

we're 3 points out of a wildcard with at least one game in hand against everybody in front of us, and the Isles are trending down a little bit with 4 losses in their last 5.

It looks all uphill but if this suddenly becomes an 8 out of 9 or 9 out of 10 run, we'll be in the money.

And hopefully at some point, they'll take one of these opportunities and run with it. There's still a lot of season to go and young legs can be a difference maker over the last 1/3 to 1/4 of the season.

I know, I'm a sucker

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Hate to be your team's Kryptonite. Really like and respect Nashville as a hockey team. Wish we were the Kryptonite of other ****ers like the Rangers or Capitals or some other ****s.

Look forward to the day when the NHL becomes rational and we are in the same division with you and both Florida teams and Washington and Columbus, and we play you guys in an outdoor game in Asheville Bristol Motor Speedway.

FTFY. If college football can do it the NHL can do it.

Start till you lose. that would be my game plan for the rest of the year

Yep, though I also wouldn't hold a 1-0 or 2-0 loss against either. On the flip you get shelled for 5 and the team still somehow wins? you still ain't playing the next game.

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
and still, looking at the standings:

we're 3 points out of a wildcard with at least one game in hand against everybody in front of us, and the Isles are trending down a little bit with 4 losses in their last 5.

It looks all uphill but if this suddenly becomes an 8 out of 9 or 9 out of 10 run, we'll be in the money.

And hopefully at some point, they'll take one of these opportunities and run with it. There's still a lot of season to go and young legs can be a difference maker over the last 1/3 to 1/4 of the season.

I know, I'm a sucker

Get to February within 2-4 points and then win all those home games that month. Pretty much their only hope to go on a sustained run. January schedule is a hideous bitch.

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
They did recently go right back to Ward, and although he won, he gave up 4 to Buffalo. Then Darling started, was first star, and they went back to him. I think they're willing to let Cam run with it for a little bit now, but he has to do it more than one game.

Cam's been winning, which is most important obviously, but looking back at recent starts: .815, .962, .931, .750, .949, .848, .917, .902, .966. He's been better overall than Darling recently, just by not having the soft goals and flubs alone, but he hasn't exactly been playing consistently great either. I hope he runs with it on one of his hot streaks we know he's capable of, and when he's done or it's back to backs, I hope Darling has found his game. Because we know Cam can't likely keep it up long term based on recent history either. Realistically, we need both goalies to be consistently better.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad