HFWF SLAMMY AWARDS: WWE Disappointment of the Year

reckoning

Jan 4, 2005
I voted "other", for bringing back the failed idea of splitting WWE into two smaller brands.

Triple-H winning the Royal Rumble would've been my second choice.

Fish on The Sand

Untouchable
Feb 28, 2002
Canada
I voted reigns/HHH main event. My expectations were already pretty low but that match sucked ass with the exception of Steph eating the spear.

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
I voted "other" for the return of the brand spilt

It has simultaneously diluted the talent of each roster and over saturated the network with content, it was a big mistake

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
The rosters are thin, but I feel I've been much more interested in WWE since the split. Smackdown went from being literally irrelevant to a decent way of spending 2 hours.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
DB was so disappointing because we were holding out home for months that he would come back, save the Rumble and save us from Roman

It only got worse when we thought about what this meant. Dream matches could never happen. Nakamura in WWE and DB is retired. AJ Styles on WWE and DB retired.

We lost so much that night.

Oct 18, 2011
I voted seth rollins return, because i never expected WWE to shift from shoving roman down our throats, and doing reigns/hhh main event was such a WWE thing to do, because they hold HHH in such higher regard than the average fan does(they treat him like an equal to austin/rock/flair/hogan and he's not)

But the Rollins thing was so ****ing egregious, so ****ing stupid. The fans wanted him to be the anti-authority savior and the anti-roman reigns, and what do they do? Have him trash the fans for being happy to see him, grovel to the authority, and look like a ****ing loser when HHH returns and attacks him and then they try to drag it out. Seriously this thing was my ****ing boiling point, here you have a guy who wrestles like a superstar babyface, who the fans WANTED to be the top guy and you **** on it. It's just like the ******** they did with Daniel Bryan they did not want to accept that someone else was more popular than a handpicked guy

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
DB was so disappointing because we were holding out home for months that he would come back, save the Rumble and save us from Roman

It only got worse when we thought about what this meant. Dream matches could never happen. Nakamura in WWE and DB is retired. AJ Styles on WWE and DB retired.

We lost so much that night.

That last line is why it should win. We lost future five star matches. We lost more years of DB. We lost so much.

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
How can people vote roman as disappointment of the year when he's already been the disappointment for like the last 3 years and counting?

The most over guy in the last decade and on top of the company being force to retire from what he loves is easily the #1 for me.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I feel like the comments are saying one thing and the poll is saying another.

Didn't expect Roman to win this.

DB and Seth make sense. DB because it is DB and Seth because he was legit poised to come off his injury as the next biggest babyface.

The crowd wanted so badly to get behind him and they could not of pissed it away harder.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I don't know how people can be disappointed that its happening, when we already knew it was going to happen. That's like an Oilers fan being disappointed that they don't contend for the Cup when they can't even make the playoffs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad