HFWF OT 6: Tis the season...

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
I have a feeling that if I put any money into Bitcoin it would immediately burst lol

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
I know the premise of crypto currencies and bitcoin and all of that yet I still can’t wrap my head around it.

Especially the Bitcoin mining part of it. You want me to solve math equations and I get bitcoins? I would have done better in high school math if that was the case.

Good on the people who made money on it but I m not sure my anti capitalism nature could stomach currency trading as I think even the stock market is a sham to begin with.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I know the premise of crypto currencies and bitcoin and all of that yet I still can’t wrap my head around it.

Especially the Bitcoin mining part of it. You want me to solve math equations and I get bitcoins? I would have done better in high school math if that was the case.

Good on the people who made money on it but I m not sure my anti capitalism nature could stomach currency trading as I think even the stock market is a sham to begin with.

Mining is already not worth it. The cooling costs for the cpus alone makes it prohibitive.

Right now it is just a high risk speculative investment. Definitely money to be made but this is an unregulated mess with no real value. It is never going to catch on as a rral currency.

Make your money and get out before it blows up

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
honestly wouldn't hold my breath on the bubble bursting as badly as people expect it.

and even if it does, it's just going to explode again in 6 months. It's not something you keep money in if you didn't buy it at under $500, but it's something you keep your eye on moving forward for sure.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I mean that is what people say about every bubble ever until it bursts and a lot of people are sitting around broke and confused.

The current price is insanely above the actual intrinsic value. The current monster rises in prices are pretty much all speculators trying to ride the wave, not true believers.

It is going to burst. Just impossible to say when exactly it will happen. Could be months or it could be years.

PeterSidorkiewicz

Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
Yeah but what is the intrinsic value? I guess its like art, whatever people will pay for it?

I still can't wrap my head around how a currency not backed by anything, insured by anything, and has no ties to any government has any value whatsoever. Maybe ill throw $500 into it, I have enough $ laying around. I did a little research on how it works, getting the wallet with the code, using a website, etc.

I would have to open a second bank account though, there is no way im tieing my main bank account to any of those websites.

I just think this entire bitcoin case does a great job of showing what bullshit stock trading really is.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
I saw a good post on reddit. "Only invest as much as you could flush down the toilet and not be too upset"

that way if it crashes no big deal, if it raises then sweet

PeterSidorkiewicz

Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
Oooo my spotify 2017 year in review

29,539 minutes
2,648 different songs
1,119 different artists
52 genres

Top Artists:
New Found Glory
Taking Back Sunday
Brand New
Motion City Soundtrack
Silverstein

I listen to a lot of pop punk and emo at the gym :laugh:
and at work,
and while playing video games,
etc.

Reactions: BonMorrison

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
151,341 minutes
3,610 different songs
818 artists
69 genres

Top Artists:
The Chain Gang of 1974
Against Me!
Luna Shadows
Marshmello
Naked and Famous

Also. Whoever made the Christmas party for this company on a Thursday.....

Reactions: BonMorrison

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
I saw Marshmello at WayHome and it was the most insanely fun experience. :laugh:

I then tried to listen to him outside of a live music context and it just wasn't the same.

Also saw Naked and Famous at WayHome, they killed it.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Naked and Famous is one of the best live bands I've ever seen. So good at what they do and they're like...the leaders in a group of bands based out of LA who are all like...best friends (Luna Shadows and Chain Gang of 1974 are also in that group).

Marshmello songs, even studio versions, are just so bouncy and happy. Really cheers me the f*** up.

PeterSidorkiewicz

Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
I was never really a big fan of The National, or moreso didnt care about em and then I saw them live at a festival and now I love em. Have a couple of their records even (I am very picky about buying records since they can be pricey for newer stuff and it takes up space).

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Love the National, saw them pretty much for free at Riot Fest which is insane when you consider that they're in Toronto tomorrow and tickets are in the hundreds. Really sad I'm missing them.

-insert my monthly rant about how Toronto managed to lose Riot Fest but keep so many other shitty festivals-

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Don't really like the National.

They essentially put me to sleep. They're like...the White Lies if White Lies songs didn't build up to something.

PeterSidorkiewicz

Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
Don't really like the National.

They essentially put me to sleep. They're like...the White Lies if White Lies songs didn't build up to something.

I felt the same way...until live. But I also enjoy a lot of slow methodical music as well. Heck my other favorite genre is a lot of goth inspired music.

PeterSidorkiewicz

Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
Love the National, saw them pretty much for free at Riot Fest which is insane when you consider that they're in Toronto tomorrow and tickets are in the hundreds. Really sad I'm missing them.

-insert my monthly rant about how Toronto managed to lose Riot Fest but keep so many other ****ty festivals-

Yeah that sucks for you. I've been to like 3 or 4 Chicago riot fests. Insert my complaint about how the crowds are too big now or im too old and cannot handle 3 days of that many people.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I saw a good post on reddit. "Only invest as much as you could flush down the toilet and not be too upset"

that way if it crashes no big deal, if it raises then sweet

Pretty much. It's why I'll probably just throw a $100 into it when it dips a bit and see what happens. But I wouldn't be shocked to see it burst a bit but go up again in the future.

Oooo my spotify 2017 year in review

29,539 minutes
2,648 different songs
1,119 different artists
52 genres

Top Artists:
New Found Glory
Taking Back Sunday
Brand New
Motion City Soundtrack
Silverstein

I listen to a lot of pop punk and emo at the gym :laugh:
and at work,
and while playing video games,
etc.

Spotify sounds so cool with stuff like this but their device download limit scares me off.

PeterSidorkiewicz

Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
Is there a limit? I've never had any issues with downloading, but I usually download stuff when I need to for like road trips and whatnot, then delete it off my phone when done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad