HFWF OT 5 -- New World Order: The Bon Dedication Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
I don't know who they are. Is that a band?

On the whole subject of the stuff that has been going down recently, I am struggling to form an opinion on whether we should be able to separate an artist from his work and his personal life. I honestly don't know what to think about that. Even take Kevin Spacey, can you separate his acting from what type of person he is? Can we still enjoy his films or is it forever tainted? Hell, if you want to keep it wrestling focused, Benoit is another example.

Also, just focusing on the Jesse Lacey situation. He apologized, he has dealt with many problems in his past, he addressed them, and it seems he is working on being a better person. I can't decide if that matters or not, and its a very touchy subject because there are obvious victims involved because of the actions he had in the past. I guess what I am getting at is, does a person who commit these type of acts get a chance to redeem themselves? Or is it pretty much cut ties and be done with it?

Just some pondering that is going on in my head.

Reactions: BonMorrison

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
I thought his apology was bullshit as it failed to address any of his victims. Read very much like a "sorry I got caught." I generally am able to separate artist from art but Brand New is so important to me that I find it impossible to look past it. Also I find as I get older I've become more empathetic for the better so that logic is starting to go out the window in terms of separation.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
In time I think I'll be able to separate Spacey movies from the man. Ditto Brand New songs and Lacey but I suppose we'll see.

As an example:

Still think that's a f***ing banger despite the claims against Ethan. Does it make me a bad person? Probably.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Edgelords on the mainboard have ruined the Komarov/Marchand thread. sigh.

Ugh. That was ridiculous.

"that's harassment and not funny!"

y6zXQ_s-200x150.gif

Mitchy

#HFOutcasts
Jul 12, 2012
The Citadel
“Stop doing that” :laugh: Dustin kills me.

On a topic discussed to death, gym girl ship has sailed. Rip. You’re all spared.

Have you finished season 2? If not, don't read the following:

I felt so bad for Dustin during the school dance in the final episode of S2. He prepared so much for it and just got turned down repeatedly. Poor bastard.

Also, that song that plays during the dance, "Time After Time" is lit.

Last edited:

Sarcastic

PosterOfTheYear2014
Sep 18, 2011
Toronto
Basically, Keurig and other sponsors have pulled their advertising from Sean Hannity's show because Hannity was cool with Roy Moore sexually abusing teenagers. In response, Hannity fans have destroyed their Keurigs and are boycotting the company because they've boycotted Hannity.

Basically, there are still a lot of dumb Americans out there.

Reactions: Virtanen18
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad