HFWF OT 5 -- New World Order: The Bon Dedication Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mitchy

#HFOutcasts
Jul 12, 2012
The Citadel
Yeah, screw moving, although once you unpack and settle in your new place, it's a great feeling.

Play Outlast or Outlast 2. Scariest **** ever. Nothing tops it. Alien Isolation was also fantastic.

Evil Within 2 is great so far, awesome story and some pretty great scares and tense moments.

I still haven't even completed Isolation. :laugh:

Also, good to hear that EW 2 is great. I didn't make it past the first hour in the first game, but have read lots of great things about this one.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
I'm too far in now. It's all the small stuff that's the biggest pain in the ass. ****.

I feel you. I just packed up a good 3 dozen shot glasses. Each individually wrapped etc. Was a real bitch.

Really wish I hadn't started the collection years ago...now people bring me shot glasses from any f***ing place they go. Why do I have a shot glass from Thunder Bay? Hell if I know.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
For some ungoldy reason, i ended up with a copy of NHL 18. My cousin from australia was visiting for a month and she wanted to get me an early birthday gift since she's already gone hone and figured "he likes hockey and video games, if i combine the two surely that will work?"

I kinda....like it? compared to the beta anyway;

- 3's is fun af. It might be because i'm like 20-3-0 in the mode, but it's def a nice change of pace.

- Gameplay is a bit more....rational? Defense works now but at the cost of some space. If the two players have any sense, games can turn into outright slogs. I just beat a guy 3-2 in triple OT (Ranked now plays under playoff rules) and we had a combined total of 23 shots. the poke checking/defensive stick stuff can get a bit gross.

- i hate the new matchmaking system. I can' see my opponent's team, connection strength or have the ability to make lineup changes before entering the game. Kinda sucks with the Bruins since i like to run a crash line with Backes but can't since he's out of the lineup IRL.

- AI is challenging, albeit a bit unfair.

Not bad, but not something i would have bought for myself.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Yeah, screw moving, although once you unpack and settle in your new place, it's a great feeling.

I still haven't even completed Isolation. :laugh:

Also, good to hear that EW 2 is great. I didn't make it past the first hour in the first game, but have read lots of great things about this one.

If you cant get through Isolation and Evil Within then Outlast and Outlast 2 would be far 2spooky4u

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
I liked Evil Within but I only put in an hour or two. I still have it and intend on going back once I get this move and get settled.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
What is going on with theHabs? I don’t get it.
what is there not to get

i said it all summer

we suck

bad bad bad defense, we only have one line worth of scorers and one is being played on the 4th line, we let our top right wing walk for free, etc.

this really shouldn't surprise anyone

the only thing that should surprise anyone is Price looks closer to a $4m goalie than he does a $10m or even a $6.5m goalie at this point.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Giving 10.5M to Price was ridiculous.

Price is amazing, but that deal is going to kill them

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Giving 10.5M to Price was ridiculous.

Price is amazing, but that deal is going to kill them

Yep. I don't think any goalie is worth that and as soon as you go that high you've basically condemned your team. I'd rather have an above average goalie at 6 million and still have that room to build a team around him. Price...you...just can't.

The only way to win with a 10 million dollar goalie is to suck for a few years...win a few back to back draft lotteries and have world class talent on ELC's. Like..the Leafs and Price this year could work because Matthews/Marner/Nylander on the ELC. Once they're off the ELC...no way. No team can build out a contending roster with a 10 million goalie no matter how good he is.

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
Yeah Montreal is in a bad spot. Going to be a long year for the Habs.

Then again I've thought was the case for the past couple years and they've proved me wrong before.

OmniSens

@OmniSenators
Sep 22, 2008
Ottawa
Boring game last night. First regulation lost, first powerplay goal allowed. But then, I look at the Habs. Times aren't that bad I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad