HFVan Hockey League 2017-18 IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
There are definitely a few unsigned NHL regulars out there if you're willing to do a little digging.

When there's like 900 NHL players and maybe 880 are already signed to a team it's not really "a little digging". I understand that's the way it is here and I'm not going to complain, but in general I think these things should be centralized. And this goes back to the draft, better to have one person do the busy work once than make it individual work that gets repeated 31 times.

I just thought of something that may help me without that much effort, so I'll put in a couple minutes to see if it works. but if you want an example of 1st class organization I could send you another league spreadsheet to see what I mean.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Maybe there is something I’m misunderstanding, but isn’t half the point to give GM with superior knowledge the edge? Picking up players from a list doesn’t sound that interest to me.

ATypicalCanadian

Apr 30, 2015
Canada
Seems like a long shot currently, but I'm looking for top six scoring forwards. I'm 100% willing to move my top prospects for the right deal as would be expected of me. Let me know on HF/Discord PM's if you have one available/are willing to talk.

Last edited:

Intoewsables

Jul 30, 2009
Toronto
When there's like 900 NHL players and maybe 880 are already signed to a team it's not really "a little digging". I understand that's the way it is here and I'm not going to complain, but in general I think these things should be centralized. And this goes back to the draft, better to have one person do the busy work once than make it individual work that gets repeated 31 times.

I just thought of something that may help me without that much effort, so I'll put in a couple minutes to see if it works. but if you want an example of 1st class organization I could send you another league spreadsheet to see what I mean.
Maybe there is something I’m misunderstanding, but isn’t half the point to give GM with superior knowledge the edge? Picking up players from a list doesn’t sound that interest to me.
Agree with Havre here unless we're both misunderstanding you. The reason I like leaving it the way it is is because the current "system" (or lack thereof) rewards those GMs who choose to put the extra time and effort in. I don't really have the time nor the desire to dig around too intensively to find depth players that slipped through the cracks, but if another GM wants to, I say good for them.

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site

I'm specifically talking about easily found common knowledge that makes up the busy work. Like for a full league draft like we did I would have liked to see a single master list of players under NHL contract combined with players drafted into the NHL. Names you can easily lookup on any salary cap page or see the draft lists from hockeydb.com, giving a master list of who's available and who's not so you don't have to spends so much time looking at names and cross referencing with ctrl-f searches to see if they're available.

Superior knowledge still comes into effect knowing how to differentiate the many prospects, and picking unlisted names of undrafted/unsigned players out of college or Europe. The issue at hand is just cutting out the repetitive busy work that will be repeated by each GM. Like more relevant to my other post, knowing that among all the scrubs in the league no one picked up Matt Hendricks yet.

Now I did manage to look at the problem a little more creatively so I could find a few Matt Hendricks type players within 5 minutes, but otherwise it's not something I was going to spend a lot of time doing.

Reactions: HankNDank and LaVar

Nail

Mar 21, 2014
I know of at least 3 forwards and 1 defenceman who are pretty much full time NHLers that are unsigned. Those names are available in exchange for assets in a trade :D

donut

Sep 5, 2012
:bolts

Just thought I'd throw up a trading block to see if I can get any discussion going. Let me know if you have anything in mind. Willing to do some minor swaps; also open to discussing a bigger deal.

On the Block: Leo Komarov, Chris Wagner, William Carrier, Carl Gunnersson
Available: Henrik Zetterberg, Brendan Gallagher, Ryan Pulock, 2019 Draft Picks
Looking For: Forwards on playoff bound teams, top-6 scoring forwards and offensive defenders (30 and under), 2018 Draft Picks

Weylspin

The Swede
Sep 4, 2012
Vancouver, BC
:bruins sign O. Sundqvist to a 2 year 875K AAV

:pens sign M. Appleton to a 3 year 725K AAV

:ducks sign PE. Bellemare to a 1 year 1M contract

B. Lovejoy to a 1 year 750K contract

Last edited:
Reactions: Maticus

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
Looks like Zach Bogosian is back, please take him off me IR. I think I have the roster room regardless, but I'll send Ryan Sproul down who is waiver exempt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->