HFVan Hockey League 2017-18 III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
I've seen that way too but only in like 6-12 team fantasy league not a 31 team league if you went to the back of the line there's a chance you'll be there for a good year or so who knows how long donut stays as gm, there won't always be good player passing through the waiver wire
I understand this view but you’re obviously just saying this because you’re going to be the last team in the league the entire year.

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
I've seen that way too but only in like 6-12 team fantasy league not a 31 team league if you went to the back of the line there's a chance you'll be there for a good year or so who knows how long donut stays as gm, there won't always be good player passing through the waiver wire

I'm assuming the line would reset once a season is over and start based on the most recent full season standings.

Perhaps a good compromise would be to move the team to the bottom of the list after a claim, but do a reset of the order at either every 1/4 mark or just at the halfway point.

Reactions: Dabeast

Weylspin

The Swede
Sep 4, 2012
Vancouver, BC
I understand this view but you’re obviously just saying this because you’re going to be the last team in the league the entire year.
Yeah obviously it adds a little bias but maybe both ways wouldn't work in this kind of league and honestly I would have the same position at both first or last in the league and also if I carelessly add waiver wire players in the hope that it returns assets I'll be boned by the roster cap in no time.

Edit: After reading RandV's post doing a roster reset would still bone the top teams as they wouldn't be nearly close to first in claims by the time the order resets

Intoewsables

Jul 30, 2009
Toronto
WAIVERS:
The LA Kings have claimed D Jamie Oleksiak off of waivers. (I'll send down Pionk to make room)
The Arizona Coyotes have claimed F Lance Bouma off of waivers.

Both moves will be effective as of yesterday.

Also reminding myself to fix the David Booth move later today.

Intoewsables

Jul 30, 2009
Toronto
I've seen that way too but only in like 6-12 team fantasy league not a 31 team league if you went to the back of the line there's a chance you'll be there for a good year or so
I agree with this. IMO, the lower teams should have first dibs on waived players because they're the ones who need them the most. A waiver list may work well in small leagues but I feel like it's a flawed method in a full 31 team league. Given the amount of players that are actually claimed off of waivers in the NHL, teams would have to wait months if not years to make their way back up to the top of the list. :laugh:

Intoewsables

Jul 30, 2009
Toronto
I'm assuming the line would reset once a season is over and start based on the most recent full season standings.

Perhaps a good compromise would be to move the team to the bottom of the list after a claim, but do a reset of the order at either every 1/4 mark or just at the halfway point.
I like this idea if you guys really want a waiver list.

Reactions: donut and Dabeast

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Yeah obviously it adds a little bias but maybe both ways wouldn't work in this kind of league and honestly I would have the same position at both first or last in the league and also if I carelessly add waiver wire players in the hope that it returns assets I'll be boned by the roster cap in no time.

Edit: After reading RandV's post doing a roster reset would still bone the top teams as they wouldn't be nearly close to first in claims by the time the order resets

It's pointless to claim every player, which isn't even my argument to begin with. There's a difference between Petan and Chaput as assets moving forward. Claiming Chaput is just a waste, claiming someone like Petan/Bouma is not because they actually provide some sense of value as they are NHL'ers/on playoff teams.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
If the same team can claim 4 valuable pieces in a row then it’s kinda ridiculous. That’s not balanced.

I’m just wondering how much of a “problem” this will be longer term? I don’t want to use my last roster spots on borderline players. Not like there will be a bunch of playoff bound players put on waivers.

Reactions: dim jim

NeoCanuck

Jay Beagle? In THIS economy?
Jan 17, 2005
North Vancouver B.C.
Hi fam!

Just a heads up that I'm terribly busy these days, so if someone wants to take over my Philly team, I will gladly hand it off to someone with more time to dedicate.

Cheers!

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Anze kopitar and DD are both avalible for significant packages.

Ty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->