HFVan Hockey League 2017-18 III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Intoewsables

Jul 30, 2009
Toronto
TRADE:
To TB:
Malcolm Subban + Future Considerations (becomes 2019 DET 2nd if Domingue wins 20+ games in 2017-18)
To DET: Max Jones + Louis Domingue + Future Considerations (becomes 2019 TB 2nd if Subban wins 20+ games in 2017-18)

Intoewsables

Jul 30, 2009
Toronto
ANNOUNCEMENT: In order to simplify the process of signing players, we have decided to trim down the number of agents from 4 to 2. Now that the post-draft free agent rush is over, the workload for the agents should be considerably lower, meaning there's less of a need for such a large number of us.

From now on, Western Conference teams will deal with Weylspin for all player positions, and Eastern Conference teams will deal with Tryamkin for all player positions.
(This will be added to the CBA for future reference.)

Additionally, I would like to thank HankNDank for his hard work as an agent over the last few months. If memory serves, he was the first person to volunteer himself for the position and it definitely meant him taking on a fairly heavy workload right off the bat. Huge props for helping keep this league afloat during the busier draft months (and for keeping me from going insane by taking a huge chunk of the work off of my plate).

Last edited:

Intoewsables

Jul 30, 2009
Toronto
Just wondering aloud here, but would it be better if teams were prohibited to one waiver claim per day? I think the only way this would work well is if teams had to submit their waiver claim and had no way of changing or withdrawing their claim later. The hope here is that teams would stick to claiming only the players that they really need, rather than using the waiver system as a farm team of sorts. The NHL seems to avoid this issue because most teams are up around the contract limit and would prefer to leave those spots open, but seeing as many of our teams are well below 50 contracts, maybe this is a better option?

I think I have a pretty good idea of what your opinions are going to be here, but if we can't reach a consensus, I may throw up a poll in the next couple of days.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
I still say do what most fantasy leagues do, and once you claim a player, you go to the back of the line. Use your claims wisely. The bottom 5-7 teams will consistently be getting any players on waivers regardless of what we do IMO.

Petan and LaDue going to the same team...that should not be a common thing here.

Reactions: donut and Tryamkin

Weylspin

The Swede
Sep 4, 2012
Vancouver, BC
I've seen that way too but only in like 6-12 team fantasy league not a 31 team league if you went to the back of the line there's a chance you'll be there for a good year or so who knows how long donut stays as gm, there won't always be good player passing through the waiver wire

Reactions: Dabeast

donut

Sep 5, 2012
I can not confirm or deny my asset management skills will improve soon. Honestly, waiving Petan and Ladue was an impulse thing and I regret doing it. I had many more options that I could have taken. Waiving them shouldn’t have even been an option. Apologies for stupid move.

Reactions: Dabeast
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad