Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
2022 Boy Rankings

Prospect definition: 23 or under by September 15, 2022 with < 50 NHL games played.

RankBoyPositionCountryAcquiredPoll %
#1Wyatt JohnstonCCanada2021 Draft - 23rd86.8
#2Logan StankovenC/RWCanada2021 Draft - 47th75.0
#3Mavrik BourqueCCanada2020 Draft - 30th76.5
#4Thomas HarleyDCanada2019 Draft - 18th87.5
#5Lian BichselDSwitzerland2022 Draft - 18th52.2

Will leave poll up for 2 days unless a player runs away with it.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Taking Dellandrea now. Had a very good AHL season and looked good in game 7 . He should be an NHL-er next season. Might not be because Faksa and Glendening are still here. At least he's still waivers exempt i guess

Klockis

Suter stan
Mar 21, 2013
Sweden
Heart (aka twitter highlights) says Stranges but head says either Damiani or Dellandrea. Went with Damiani.

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
After Dellandrea the list falls off a cliff, not sure there is a single NHLer there. Maybe Grushnikov or Back in depth roles.

Zrhutch

Mar 26, 2013
Texas
Dellandrea, Grushnikov, Stranges then Damiani for me next. Nothing wrong with Damiani, pool just got that much more deep.

WhoahNow

WhatsApp lead the way
Sep 7, 2011
Ty time, let's see if he can continue the form from the second half of last season. Doesn't have the highest upside, but probably a safe bet to at least be a solid bottom 6 possibly mid 6 player.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
I'm going back and forth on the next few after this one but right now I'll probably go:

Damiani
Stranges
Kyrou
Grushnikov

Have been flipping back and forth between Damiani & Stranges next. I think Damiani could be a NHLer right now and Yanni Gourde is a really good possible comparable for his ceiling if he hits it imo (not 64 point Yanni Gourde, but Gourde of the past four seasons), but Stranges' upside if he hits can't be ignored, and he has really shown a lot of growth in his game this season...it's a tough one for me. Then again, I voted Dellandrea here and I don't think his upside is all that great. Best possible and probably very unlikely scenario, perhaps Anthony Cirelli-lite.

Then I'm doing the same for Kyrou and Grushnikov. Grushnikov's highest upside seems like perhaps Eric Cernak while his floor feels like Jani Hakanpaa. Feels like he's for sure gonna be a NHLer some day....but Kyrou has the higher upside so I'll probably go with him

Used so many Tampa comparables, not sure why lol. Maybe it's cause the Stars want to model their game after them

BG44

Jul 19, 2021
After Dellandrea, Grushnikov is the easy next choice. No one else is close in terms of likely NHLer. His floor is by far the highest, and the remaining prospects have obvious flaws that could keep them from ever making an impact in the NHL. At worst he's a 3rd pair D and PKer. Kyrou's skating is too questionable along with his size for me for his upside to put him above Grushnikov. It's a toss-up between Stranges and Kyrou for which player is the bigger boom or bust. Sure their upside is high, but it's easy to imagine neither making the NHL as well. I'm definitely more excited to see what the future holds for both more so than Grushnikov who isn't the sexiest player, but the odds are against them not with them.

Reactions: LT

LT

XXXX - XXXX - X___ - ____
Jul 23, 2010
After Dellandrea, Grushnikov is the easy next choice. No one else is close in terms of likely NHLer. His floor is by far the highest, and the remaining prospects have obvious flaws that could keep them from ever making an impact in the NHL. At worst he's a 3rd pair D and PKer. Kyrou's skating is too questionable along with his size for me for his upside to put him above Grushnikov. It's a toss-up between Stranges and Kyrou for which player is the bigger boom or bust. Sure their upside is high, but it's easy to imagine neither making the NHL as well. I'm definitely more excited to see what the future holds for both more so than Grushnikov who isn't the sexiest player, but the odds are against them not with them.

Yea I have Grushnikov over Bichsel, personally. Grush seems like he could almost already fill the same role as Hakanpaa.

I expect Bichsel to take him out relatively soon, but I don't know enough about him to be that confident yet. He also was arguably a bit of a reach at 18, I remember most mock drafts having him in the late 1st or early 2nd. Not too far from where Grushnikov himself was selected and in a potentially much weaker draft.

LT

XXXX - XXXX - X___ - ____
Jul 23, 2010
Including Harley and Dellandrea:

1. Johnston
2. Stankoven
3. Bourque
4. Harley
5. Dellandrea
6. Grushnikov
7. Bichsel
8. Damiani