Prospect Info: HFsens Lottery Mock Draft (part deux) - #4 OV

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
#1 - Rasmus Dahlin (30 votes, 90.9%)
Position: D
Shoots: L
This season: 20 points (7 goals) in 41 games with Frolunda (SweHL). 3 points in 6 games in the playoffs.

(mute the music)

#2 - Andrei Svechnikov (35 votes, 97.2%)
Position: RW
This season: 40 goals and 72 points in 44 games with Barrie (OHL). 5 goals and 11 points in 8 games in the playoffs.

#3 - Filip Zadina (26 votes, 86.7%)
Position: LW/RW
This season: 44 goals and 82 points in 57 games with Halifax (Q). 5 goals and 12 points in 9 games in the playoffs.

PLEASE GET ONE OF THESE 3 GUYS PLS PLSplsss!!

In the likely and sad event that the pick drops to spots 4 or 5, who does HFsens think the Sens should draft?

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Can't choose. I'd explore trading down as far as 8th. The sens on the other hand probably make a pick; I suspect one of Tkachuk, Dobson, or Bouchard.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Agreed it should be him. Our D prospect situation is terrible and I believe he is the 4th (maybe 3rd) best player in this draft.
I personally would rather Dobson, but Boqvist is no doubt higher rated by most others, and he won the vote a week ago. I'm not going to to complain regardless, as long as the don't completely go bonkers and not take one of Boqvist/Zadina/Wahlstrom/Bouchard/Tkachuk/Dobson in the 3-5 slots

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
It should be Boqvist, nothing has changed since the last poll, we voted him in , it should be him

Voted for Boqvist in the 1st poll but he ‘won’ that poll with 35% of the votes and it’s pretty tight right now too. Will probably have to do a 1v1 tie breaker if things continue like this.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Boqvist is a left shot puck mover. Can he play RD? Otherwise we’re not interested. Puck movers play the right side only.
He's a right shot RD. And if we end up with Boqvist, Boucher won't ever coach him here so that's really not a concern. This isn't the NFL. You don't draft around coaching schemes.

chipsens

Post and in...
Jan 9, 2013
If we don't get Dahlin...

...and we pick 2nd..

...imo we take Zadina over Svechnikov

From what i saw in World Juniors Z plays with his head up, and can shoot & pass. I havent seen S but his highlights look pretty so-so...no overwhelming shot, no lateral mobility, no blazing speed..so pass on him.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa

...and we pick 2nd..

From what i saw in World Juniors Z plays with his head up, and can shoot & pass. I havent seen S but his highlights look pretty so-so...no overwhelming shot, no lateral mobility, no blazing speed..so pass on him.
Are you sure you aren't confusing Svechnikov with someone else. None of what you said is really the case.

SENATOR

Feb 6, 2004
Ottawa
Svechnikov reminds me so much with his effortless skating and how easy he scores goals Valeri Kharlamov. Probably the best soviet hockey player of all times.

Mingus Dew

Microphone Assassin
Oct 7, 2013

...and we pick 2nd..

I don’t think there is any chance that we (or any other team, for that matter) pass on Svech with the 2nd overall. Things only start getting murky at 3rd and above.

PaulaMesser

Apr 18, 2018
Adam Boqvist

http://:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:/buluhidung/67/pic.png
http://:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:/buluhidung/46/imgur.png

Reactions: TkachukNorris79

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->