HF's Spring 2005 Organizational Rankings 1-15

Status
Not open for further replies.

Freaky Habs Fan

Apr 26, 2003
New-Brunswick
Visit site
Nice ranking!

IMO, Montreal and Chicago could swap their position...it's really hard to say who have the best depht.
Its Kostitsyn, Perezhogin and Higgins VS. Barker, Babchuk and Seabrook I guess...

TVanek26*

Buffalo only at 10?They had probably the best 2004 draft out of anyone,and only move up 4 spots?

And I'm guessing whoever wrote the Buffalo excerpt doesn't follow the team too closely,if they think Nathan Paetsch is our best defensive prospect.

Montreal at 4?Their defensive prospects are just as bad and Buffalo's forward prospects are much better and we have a much better goaltending prospect...no bias there. :sarcasm:

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
DanielBriere48 said:
Buffalo only at 10?They had probably the best 2004 draft out of anyone,and only move up 4 spots?

And I'm guessing whoever wrote the Buffalo excerpt doesn't follow the team too closely,if they think Nathan Paetsch is our best defensive prospect.

Montreal at 4?Their defensive prospects are just as bad and Buffalo's forward prospects are much better and we have a much better goaltending prospect...no bias there. :sarcasm:
So you think Ken McKenna who is the main writer for this site doesn't know anything about Buffalo when you probably seen 1 or 2 prospects play on occasion when your mom or dad find it in their hearts to take you to a hockey game.

Considering Montreal doesn't even have wrtier at the moment and their old one wasn't included in this project I highly doubt there is bias in this rankings. Maybe Buffalo's prospects just aren't as good as Montreal's. That would be to simple though, comprende?

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
DanielBriere48 said:

Lets not get carried away...Rangers with there 2 first round picks and 5 2nd round picks had the best 2004 draft.

adurn

Dec 22, 2003
I just have a quick question, hopefully I can get it answered.

Why isn't Niittymaki mentioned as a prospect for the Flyers? It's not just there, either. He's not even on the team's main prospect page. What gives?

TVanek26*

Jason MacIsaac said:
19 going on 20 bud and I wasn't the one attemping to be an expert on these rankings while making an ass of myself.

Vanek is the next Brendl right?Parise's jockstrap>>>>>>>>Vanek?

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
adurn said:
I just have a quick question, hopefully I can get it answered.

Why isn't Niittymaki mentioned as a prospect for the Flyers? It's not just there, either. He's not even on the team's main prospect page. What gives?

Isnt he 2 old? Hes 25...i think you have to be 24 or under.

Til the End of Time

May 18, 2003
Santa Monica, CA
Visit site
Well as a Penguin's fan, I am of course pleased with the lofty ranking of number two.

But really these kinds are next to meaningless. Of course the perenial bad teams like Pittsburgh, Washington, Chicago, etc. have talented prospects. The important thing is how team develops their talent, something the three teams I've mentioned haven't been able to do with much success.

For example, the Penguins were ranked number one a few years ago. Suffice to say, alot of those players that earned them the high ranking didn't pan out. Heck, Lupaschuk just ditched the NHL altogether the other day.

So the bottom line is, don't put too much credence into these rankings.

John Flyers Fan

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I'll take the Flyers grouping over Atlanta, Florida, Minnesota, Buffalo, Anaheim, Edmonton, and NY Rangers without thinking twice.

There are a few others that are flip 'o the coin IMO.

Anksun

Dec 13, 2002
Montreal
Visit site
John Flyers Fan said:
I'll take the Flyers grouping over Atlanta, Florida, Minnesota, Buffalo, Anaheim, Edmonton, and NY Rangers without thinking twice.

There are a few others that are flip 'o the coin IMO.

I consider Richards and Carter to be enought for the Flyers to be higher also the way they have been playing in the ahl playoffs.

adurn

Dec 22, 2003
FLYLine4LIFE said:

Ah, that would be it. I didn't realize he was that old. He turns 25 this June.

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
DanielBriere48 said:

Seriously, man...take it down a notch. If anything, Buffalo is a little high for my tastes, and no way should they be ahead of a team like Philadelphia.

My only real issues, in fact...

Philly too low
Montreal a bit too high.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
DanielBriere48 said:
I don't care, I was wrong on Vanek. He still didn't prove himself in the NHL but he is well on his way. It is't as if Parise is much behind him, Parise still has the better overall game.

Le Golie

Jul 4, 2002
Jason MacIsaac said:
That would be to simple though, comprende?

I hate when people pick on grammar, but when you are trying to burn someone else on lack of intellegence, something like this has to get laughed at.

Sam

Feb 27, 2002
My thoughts

Nashville should have been ahead of Montreal, IMO.

I also don't understand why the Oilers are so high. Four of their top prospects, Deslauriers, Niinimaki, Lynch, and Woywitka, (which were all listed in the top six of the HF Oilers preseason top 20 prospects) had awful or disappointing years. Most of the Oilers media roundtable have written Mihknov off and think Salmelainen is done in North America. I'd take the Kings group over them anyday, but that might just be me being a homer.

Also, about Niittymaki,
FLYLine4LIFE said:
Niittymaki's 24. He turns 25 in June. He came over as a 22 year old in 2002 and just completed his third season in North America. However, according to Guy Flaming,
Guy Flaming said:
HF drops players from "prospect eligibility" only once a year, (in September) but we do the Org list and the top 50 twice a year so you get guys like those you mentioned who will be dropped this fall and they won't be involved in the rankings when they are done early next season.
so Niittymaki should have still been considered in the organizational rankings.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Personally I don't mind it. There is a rumor swirling around that Kopriva might be coming over here (but little chance)...and I agree with their assement.

Le Golie

Jul 4, 2002
The rankings look pretty good to me. I would have thought Buffalo would be lower and Philly higher, but other than that it's pretty darn good. And even that isn't too far fetched.

Perhaps the writers should have been more critical though. If you didn't look at the rank number and just read some of the reports, the lowest teams appear stacked.

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
Le Golie said:
The rankings look pretty good to me. I would have thought Buffalo would be lower and Philly higher, but other than that it's pretty darn good. And even that isn't too far fetched.

Perhaps the writers should have been more critical though. If you didn't look at the rank number and just read some of the reports, the lowest teams appear stacked.

a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad