Prospect Info: HFOil Top 20 Oilers Prospects 2017 (POLL #9)

McMozesmadness

5-14-6-1
Feb 17, 2013
Edmonton, AB
Congratulations to poll #8 winner:

Khaira-Bako.jpg

Jujhar Khaira

HFOil Top 20 Oilers Prospects 2017
1) Jesse Puljujärvi - RW - Bakersfield Condors - AHL - 100%
2) Kailer Yamamoto - RW - Spokane Chiefs - WHL - 57.67%
3) Caleb Jones - D - Portland Winterhawks - WHL - 52.25%
4) Ethan Bear - D - Seattle Thunderbirds - WHL - 60.22%
5) Tyler Benson - LW - Vancouver Giants - WHL - 61.36%
6) Laurent Brossoit - G - Edmonton Oilers - WHL - 55.56%
7) Ziyat Paigin - D - Ak Bars Kazan - KHL - 31.18%
8) Jujhar Khaira - C - Bakersfield Condors - AHL - 45.21%

Thanks to all who voted in poll #8.

McMozesmadness

5-14-6-1
Feb 17, 2013
Edmonton, AB
I continue to vote for Wells.

My list so far:

1) Jesse Puljujarvi
2) Kailer Yamamoto
3) Caleb Jones
4) Dylan Wells
5) Tyler Benson
6) Dmitri Samorukov
7) Ethan Bear
8) Laurent Brossoit
9) Jujhar Khaira

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
I continue to vote for Wells.

My list so far:

1) Jesse Puljujarvi
2) Kailer Yamamoto
3) Caleb Jones
4) Dylan Wells
5) Tyler Benson
6) Dmitri Samorukov
7) Ethan Bear
8) Laurent Brossoit
9) Jujhar Khaira

That high on Samorukov eh? I haven't seen him much at all besides the odd highlight. What makes you prefer him over Bear? I'm intrigued by some things I've read on Samorukov.

McMozesmadness

5-14-6-1
Feb 17, 2013
Edmonton, AB
That high on Samorukov eh? I haven't seen him much at all besides the odd highlight. What makes you prefer him over Bear? I'm intrigued by some things I've read on Samorukov.

Someone asked me that in Poll #6.

This is my reasoning:

I actually like Bear (He is 7th on my list), but I like other prospects slightly more. With Bear I don’t see the same high end potential that I see with Jones and Samorukov. I feel the hype has gone overboard, due to his point totals.

There is a lot about his game I really like. His offensive tools are excellent, however skating and strength are major concerns for me. He loses puck battles and gets beat with speed far to often. This was happening at the junior level, so what will happen at the next level? I think the transition to pro will be extremely telling. If he makes progress in his own zone and the offence continues to impress at the pro level, I’ll be on board, but for now I remain skeptical.

As for Samorukov, its all about potential. Great size, good skater, good offensive tools, physical. He has a good head on his shoulders. He can take over a game at both ends of the ice. His transition to North America was rocky, didn’t help that he came to Guelph, but his raw tools impressed me every time I watched him. Then at the U18’s he really put it all together and dominated. I may be jumping the gun putting him at 6, but I think the ceiling is ridiculous.

Also I had Samorukov at 29 in my pre-draft rankings. Really, really high on him.

Samus44

Enjoy the ride.
Aug 5, 2010
I don't see how a guy argues against Nick Ellis. Was outstanding in TC and the AHL last season and had a terrific last college season. You never know about CHL goalies, remember Tyler Bunz? Not saying Wells=Bunz but i'll take the guy with the really good pro numbers.

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
Not voting anymore.
I am sure the tone of many will change after the Penticton tourney when we will actually be watching these remaining kids closely.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad