Prospect Info: HFOil Top 20 Oilers Prospects 2017 (POLL #7)

McMozesmadness

5-14-6-1
Feb 17, 2013
Edmonton, AB
good pickup, good project.

hoping he becomes better than Darren Raddysh as both went undrafted with great seasons although Raddysh on a better team

In terms of pro potential Raddysh is not on Mantha's level.

With that said I was still shocked to see him only get an AHL deal.

As for Mantha, I love some of his tools, I'll likely have him ahead of Paigin, but I still see a ton of holes in his game.

BarDownBobo

Oct 19, 2012
City of Champions
good pickup, good project.

hoping he becomes better than Darren Raddysh as both went undrafted with great seasons although Raddysh on a better team

Mantha isn't undrafted. He was a 4th rounder of the Rangers in 2014, they just didn't sign him for some reason. That's one of the reasons I hold him higher than the undrafted guy who suddenly explodes his overage year, he was on teams radars as an 18 year old as well.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
I really believe in a bird in the hand.

Players already on the NHL should get extra points in their favor. I really think Brossoit is low on this list for that reason. He looked a little shaky, but got some really solid stats and could be a real gem.

And with that logic, I pick Khaira now. I get that some people might pick someone like Paigin who whose potential is higher, but our team will always need solid impact bottom sixers as well, and I see him only getting better from here on out.

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
Mantha isn't undrafted. He was a 4th rounder of the Rangers in 2014, they just didn't sign him for some reason. That's one of the reasons I hold him higher than the undrafted guy who suddenly explodes his overage year, he was on teams radars as an 18 year old as well.

okay yeah I forgot that, earlier, months ago I was wanting to claim Mantha knowing the rangers let him go and he'd be still a decent project.

Still a project to me but still potential.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
That KHL season just seems to be too good to be a fluke.

He has taken a step back, but I think that's more to do with where he was playing.

At this point the ranking is kind of a crap shoot. I think Paigin has the highest upside if he manages to figure it out.

That KHL season could have also been lucky, but the other 2 seasons he did get the raw end of the deal. Thats why hes so intriguing. Do we get a 27 points in 37 games KHLer as a 21 year old, or a future Gernat? He was picked for the KHL all star game and got national team recognition so there is that

Those tools tho... 6'6 who can skate and bomb of a shot with offensive upside

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad