Prospect Info: HFOIL 2020 Prospect Rankings (Poll #6)

Who is the Oilers 6th best prospect?

• Carter Savoie

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kirill Maksimov

• Stuart Skinner

• Olivier Rodrigue

• Other (Who?)

• Total voters

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
I feel like Benson, McLeod, Lavoie and Konovalov are in the same tier. 1st round talent that fell to the 2nd round with the exception of Kono

Samus44

Enjoy the ride.
Aug 5, 2010
McLeod seems like a safe vote but the offense seems unlikely to put him above a bottom 6 role. For me that places him behind Lavoie who has thus fsr had great success after being drafted. Lavoie has better offense and pedigree having been rated higher in his draft so I don't see a higher upside.

Bangers

May 31, 2006
From what I’ve seen, McLeod seems like a bigger version of Marchant, while Lavoie looks like he could be a top six winger. Going with Lavoie again.

Reactions: Samus44

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
Tullio also has crazy upside. Really liking from what I see from the available footages. He's my favorite from this year pick

Reactions: Reginald Dunlop

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
What do you see him becoming to place him that high?

I think there is a lot of recency bias with Holloway and Benson doesn't have the wheels to be much more than a 4th liner/tweener from last I have seen. McLoed also has speed to burn, I see him playing 4th line C next year and 3C the following year if his development progresses.

I don’t agree, but I do see where you’re coming from , he has the speed and skills to be a very good complementary forward.

I see a middle 6 winger/Third line Center.

Yes that is where I see him. Lavoie could be a 2/3 winger but he is still developing whereas McLoed seems a lot closer.

I like McLeod and felt middling about the Holloway pick but c'mon, Holloway's better by a good bit.

Went Lavoie here. His upside is way higher, though his likelihood of being an NHLer is lower.

Lavoie is a good pick as well for this spot but as I said he still needs more development time as does Holloway, whereas McLoed has had more time and looked fine in the bubble training camp for his age/progress. NHL wheels for sure.

I have Broberg/Bouchard/McLoed/Samourukov/Lavoie/Holloway/Benson as our top 7. Benson could surprise me but his skating just hasn't developed to be an NHL regular.

BudBundy

May 16, 2005
I went with Lavoie for the upside. Next choice would’ve been McLoed. Benson is way too high. He should’ve picked up a step in his stride by now. That tells me he is probably incapable of improving his speed. Slow AND small = Robbie Schremp. He’ll never make it. Hope he proves my wrong like Yamo did.

alphahelix

Feb 15, 2007
Im pretty sure Konovalov and Lavoie are underrated. Lavoie might never be an excellent 2 way player but I think he'll be a "good" NHL player. Maybe Benoit Pouliot caliber? Konovalov seems to have very high potential.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Im pretty sure Konovalov and Lavoie are underrated. Lavoie might never be an excellent 2 way player but I think he'll be a "good" NHL player. Maybe Benoit Pouliot caliber? Konovalov seems to have very high potential.

I kind of think the opposite. His two-way game always stands out in the games I've watched.

I feel like it and his shot will be his bread and butter. I don't think he really has the skating or playmaking to be a legit top6 guy. I see Chiasson-esque potential with him which is still a really useful player.

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
I think people are overrating McLeod. He has basically no offense to his game. Never produced in juniors, only had 5 goals and 23 points in 56 games in AHL last year. This is a guy who's never going to be anything more than a 4th liner.

With that said I still voted him here as I'm not really a fan of Lavoie either although I haven't seen him as much but, contrary to McLeod, I very much doubt he'll ever be a full-time NHLer. He's a sheltered 3rd line scorer at best IMO and those guys tend to wear out their welcome pretty fast in this league.

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
I think people are overrating McLeod. He has basically no offense to his game. Never produced in juniors, only had 5 goals and 23 points in 56 games in AHL last year. This is a guy who's never going to be anything more than a 4th liner.

With that said I still voted him here as I'm not really a fan of Lavoie either although I haven't seen him as much but, contrary to McLeod, I very much doubt he'll ever be a full-time NHLer. He's a sheltered 3rd line scorer at best IMO and those guys tend to wear out their welcome pretty fast in this league.

I agree with most of this....which is why i went with Willy.

But I'm also partial to Maksimov......I wonder where he slots in at the end of this....his shot was touted at one point....but he hasnt really exploded.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad