HFNHL Rule Update: Salary Cap & 1-way Contracts

Canuck09

Jul 4, 2004
Vancouver
Over the last few seasons there's been a number of high profile/salary players stashed in the farm in order to hide their salary and avoid it counting against the cap. While stashing young developing players or aging vets that clear waivers is a normal way of managing the cap, the practice of sending high profile players that don't have to clear waivers due to Sim limitations is against the spirit of the cap. With that in mind, we're going to add the following line item into our salary/cap rules...

Effective next season (2022-23 season) all players with 1-way contracts ($2m+ in HFNHL lingo) will count full value against both the bank balance AND salary cap when on the farm roster.

Hopefully this gives everyone enough time to make some moves and plan out rosters heading into next season. This will be added to the rule update sticky for future reference.

Regal Beagles

Feb 28, 2013
Thanks for this, it makes sense to me.

However, we have had several one-off rule changes lately. I think it would be best to have a separate recent rule changes thread to make it easier for all to follow (e.g. this one; RFA signed by old GM in summer and new GM took over; etc).

Also, I think it would be beneficial for teams to see how these decisions are being made...presume by committee. Especially with newer GM's and prospective new ones coming in as well for the vacant Oilers team. I would also suggest a rules committe to look at all rules, maybe during our playoffs so things can be set well in advance of the draft. I'm sure these aren't the only wrinkles that need to be addressed or considered.

thanks to all the volunteers.

Reactions: Brent Burns Beard

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad