HFNHL Oilers Season Over

CopperAndBlueGM

Mar 9, 2017
With the Western Conference so tight a completely decimated blueline is likely to end the teams hope of a play-off spot. The team now has 4 of 6 starting dmen out for the rest of the season and a few wouldn't even be back for a the first round even if the team made it.

With Jordie Benn still out for the balance of the season and Brendan Davidson just returned the team had headed into the weekend for a critical set of 4 point games against the King and Ducks on back to back nights.

Against the Kings the Oilers lost their second best dman, Trevor Bailey, in the first few minutes of the game which forced the team to press Greg McKegg into the lineup as a joint 4line fwd as well as PK dman.

The next night got even worse as, with the Oilers leading after the 1st period, both Denis Wideman and Andrej Sustr were taken out in the 2nd period (5 minutes apart) and the Ducks went on to a dirty win.

Without replacement dmen for the balance of the season it would now take a small miracle for the team to meet it's goal of making the play-offs :(

Reactions: MatthewFlames

Canuck09

Jul 4, 2004
Vancouver
The Oilers are a near lock to make the playoffs. This was a classic reverse jinx post. Well played Drew. Well played.

CopperAndBlueGM

Mar 9, 2017
Thanks guys but not really a reverse jinx. My number one goalie [Grosenick], who has kept things alive with the 3rd best save % in the league, is now injured as well [help!] while my alternative in net [Johnson] has one of the worst records even when I have some dmen in front of him.

Admittedly numbers are in my favor but I assume the final 2 games will be losses so my fate is the hands of others. Never a good position to be in hoping for the misfortune of others to save yourself.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->