HFNHL Las Vegas expansion picks

Lord Stanley

Revoluccion Leader
Feb 24, 2003
In your head
revoluccionsoup.sauna.ca
It's been almost a year since I left my post as the owner of the Carolina Hurricanes to take over the Las Vegas Golden knights franchise. I have to admit it was hard to walk away for a year, especially after I had just acquired Drew Doughty for Carolina. It was the right thing to do, one so that whoever was taking over the Hurricanes could make their own decisions in free agency. The second thing was I've always wanted to start from beginning with a team rather then taking over somebody else team.

I was finally able to start making trades just a couple weeks ago where I acquired some draft picks in exchange for not picking certain players and picking certain players int he expansion draft. I even acquired Daniel Sedin the HFNHL Knights very first player. However tonight it finally feels like it's official as I picked 30 players one from each club. So here is the official list with an *.

Forwards

Rick Nash
Phillip Danault
Melker Karlsson
Craig Smith
Jean Gabriel Pageau
Brock McGinn
Casey Cizikas
Luke Glendening
Scott Wilson
Cedric Paquette
Dale Weise *
Tyler Pitlick
Curtis Lazar
Scott Laughton
Mikhail Grigorenko
Nicklas Jensen
Miikka Salomaki
Justin Auger

Defense

Luca Sbisa
Olli Maatta
Chris Wideman
Jon Merrill
Brayden McNabb
Simon Despres
Jamie Oleksiak
Mirco Mueller
Dylan Demelo

Goaltenders

Mike Condon
Jared Coreau
Malcolm Subban

*original pick was Ian Cole however four of us somehow missed the fact he was protected. Thankfully this was corrected quite easily with the selection of Dale Weise allowing us to remain compliant with roster and salary limits.

Obviously there is still a lot of work to do, but I look forward to the adventure of building my own team my way from the very beginning. Now the goal is to win a cup before the real Golden Knights.

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
Wish I'd had that opportunity with Columbus - I gave up washington (then a powerhouse) to rescue the expansion franchise a year operations. Got them to the final by... what was it, 206? Haven't been back since. But that expansion would have been cool, if ugly, with no expansion-favourable rules in place forcing teams to expose real assets.

This looks to have been an exceeding complex set-up, improved by only having to do it once. Looks like you made a fair stab at it considering the limitations you were dealing with. But this is just your placeholders and moveable assets. The real work begins now!

You're on the clock - finals by 2021 !!!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->