HFNHL 2021-22 Season Begins

Canuck09

Jul 4, 2004
Vancouver
First of all, my apologies to all for the lack of communication to the masses and delay getting things going. I've simply struggled to find the motivation to spend the time to get the offseason finished and get the ball rolling. Then when I got things going, I discover that one of the biggest days of updates didn't get saved correctly, and I had to go back and piece together what was lost. In the end, we're behind the 8-ball here, and will have to run on a condensed sim schedule as a result.

The HFNHL 2021-20 season kicks off with preseason games beginning Monday, December 13th!!

We will kick things off with a 24 day preseason so we (mostly me) can all remember how things work again. We'll run double headers so the preseason will run 12 days, finishing on Friday, December 24th. This should give everyone time to get things in order and ready for the start of our regular season.

The following has happened in the last week:
  • Website updated with preseason index page: HFNHL - index
  • All trades & FA offers updated
  • Ratings challenges updated
  • Rosters purged of all expired contracts and everyone called up to your pro team so all waiver eligible players can hit the wire if you're sending them down to start the season
Still to come:
  • Next years endorsement signup
We're back to mirroring the NHL schedule this year but will proceed with full time double headers when we get going. That schedule will hit the site when we finish the preseason.

Final Deadline & Reminders
Rosters must be set by Thursday, December 22nd. This means everyone must have a valid regular season roster (23 players max) where you've sent all your extra bodies down to the farm, while also meeting minimum roster requirements to cover you in case of injury.

As a reminder, the roster requirements are 3 goalies, 8 defenders, and 14 forwards (found here *Urgent* - The HFNHL General Manager Code of Conduct).

If you don't have access to the shared Dropbox folder at this point, let me know so I can get you added.

Regular Season Start
I won't commit to a date just yet, because of the holiday's, but I would like to start the regular season on the 28th or 29th.

And finally, if I missed anything in my updates, please post here or email SimGod so I can get it updated.

Canuck09

Jul 4, 2004
Vancouver
Regular Season Start - *January 1st*
Last night I updated the site with the regular season files and we're nearly ready to go.

If you haven't been to the site lately you'll only find a 2022 Season link to get to the main index page. The League File link is updated for the regular season and all direct team links on the main page will now take you to the active roster page. Some final housekeeping...
  • Many teams are over the 23 man roster limit and/or salary cap and will need lines in ASAP. Failure to do so will result in me throwing players on waivers until you're compliant
  • Make sure you meet roster requirements (3 G, 8 D, 14 F)
  • Report any retired, Euro signings or LTIR players that need to be removed from rosters in the usual thread
I'll give everyone a couple days to get this sorted out and games will start on January 1st. We'll run double headers every day to get caught up a little and will see where we're at in a couple months.

I expect we'll be required to update the Sim/Client on January 1st as we do every year so be prepared to download an updated program. I'll share a link here if/when it happens.

Good luck to all this season!

Reactions: MatthewFlames

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad