Prospect Info: HFDevils 2021 1st Round Mock Draft Competition

RememberTheName

Conductor of the Schmid Bandwagon
Jan 5, 2016
On Earth
Just finished scoring all of the mock drafts I received. We did not find as much success as last year, but here are the results.
@RememberTheName 5/31
@DevilsfanfromCanada 3/31
@Peter Sidorkiewicz 5/31
@Amerisuomi Kiekko 1/31
@StevenToddIves 4/31
@Cheddabombs 3/31
@dk3790 1/31
@Poppy Whoa Sonnet 4/31
@AlexTheAlexHoltzFan 4/31
@Blackjack 3/31
@FinnishDevil 3/31
@thethinglonger 4/31
I was able to tie with the reigning champion, @Peter Sidorkiewicz, for the win for the HFDevils Mock Draft champion of the year with a score of 5/31! Thanks to everyone for playing, and congrats to @Peter Sidorkiewicz for successfully defending his title!

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
It's pretty telling when 5 is the highest score with two practically gimme picks (Power and Hughes) factored in :)

I probably wouldn't have been able to hit 5 either, I'm sure the last-day trades of high first-rounders didn't help the mocks though.

The 29th Pick

Still Alive !
Dec 7, 2007
Northvale N.J.
Just finished scoring all of the mock drafts I received. We did not find as much success as last year, but here are the results.
@RememberTheName 5/31
@DevilsfanfromCanada 3/31
@Peter Sidorkiewicz 5/31
@Amerisuomi Kiekko 1/31
@StevenToddIves 4/31
@Cheddabombs 3/31
@dk3790 1/31
@Poppy Whoa Sonnet 4/31
@AlexTheAlexHoltzFan 4/31
@Blackjack 3/31
@FinnishDevil 3/31
@thethinglonger 4/31
I was able to tie with the reigning champion, @Peter Sidorkiewicz, for the win for the HFDevils Mock Draft champion of the year with a score of 5/31! Thanks to everyone for playing, and congrats to @Peter Sidorkiewicz for successfully defending his title!
CONGRATS!
Just wondering if you thought we'd take Stillman at 29!

FinnishDevil

Dec 6, 2013
Finland
After like the top 15 I honestly just went to look for Steven's draft rankings and be like "shutdown d makes sense with this team" or "this team needs centers" and "scoring swede to this team" :laugh:

Also missed an easy one with Power cause I wanted to be a special snowflake. Oh well. These are fun.

Reactions: Guttersniped

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
After like the top 15 I honestly just went to look for Steven's draft rankings and be like "shutdown d makes sense with this team" or "this team needs centers" and "scoring swede to this team" :laugh:

Also missed an easy one with Power cause I wanted to be a special snowflake. Oh well. These are fun.
Don’t take it too hard, you’re our special snowflake!

I do feel better about my unfinished mock because I got Detroit and LA.

I gave up in part because I thought people would do better, I also got busy and, amusingly, at least to me (and very like only to me), I got stuck at Calgary.

The Flames didn’t need to goaltending, they desperately needed scoring and if it wasn’t a true center they need RW (it’s an issue). I thought they would prefer a Canadian and I knew Sillinger would go right before them (because they typically can’t have nice things). Coronato was the dead on typical Calgary pick EXCEPT I was sure the American going to Harvard thing would kill that. (Lucius was gone in my mock already.) And they took him! Calgary’s drafting often inexplicably is often interesting to me, which is odd because I don’t particularly care about the team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad