HFBoards Top 50 Prospects Ranking #39 (closed)

• Jonathan Lekkerimaki - RW

• Joshua Roy - LW

• Alex Turcotte - C

• Kevin Korchinski - D

• Jonatan Berggren - LW

• Hendrix Lapierre - C

• Matthew Knies - LW

• Denton Mateychuk - D

• Brennan Othmann - LW

• Brendan Brisson - C

• Xavier Bourgault - C

• Victor Soderstrom - D

• Vitali Kravtsov - RW

• Luke Evangelista - RW

• Matias Macelli - LW

• Topi Niemela - D

• Connor Geekie - C

• Ridly Greig - C

• Kirill Marchenko - RW

• Jocob Perreault - RW

• Brock Faber - D

• Jiri Kulich - C

• Matt Coronato - LW

• Bobby Brink - RW

• Lukas Cormier - D

• Fabian Lysell - RW

• Liam Ohgren - LW

• Scott Morrow - D

• Chaz Lucius - C

• Arseni Gritsyuk - RW

• Noah Ostlund - C

• other

Results are only viewable after voting.

amnesiac

Space Oddity
Jul 10, 2010
Montreal
:HFB: TOP 50 PROSPECTS

Criteria is 22 and under, 30 NHL GP or less, no goalies

1. Owen Power - D:sabres18. Alexander Holtz - RW:devils35. Danila Yurov - RW:wild
2. Matty Beniers - C:seattle19. Brandt Clarke - D:kings236. Joakim Kemell - RW:nashville
3. Jake Sanderson - D:sens20. John Peterka - LW:sabres37. Dylan Holloway - C:edmonton
4. Luke Hughes - D:devils21. Dylan Guenther - RW:coyotes38. Shane Pinto - C:sens
5. Juraj Slafkovsky - LW:habs22. Lukas Reichel - C/W:hawks39.
6. Shane Wright - C:seattle23. Cutter Gauthier - C/LW:flyers40.
7. Simon Edvinsson - D:wings24. Matthew Savoie - C:sabres41.
8. Mason McTavish - C:ducks225. Marco Kasper - C:wings42.
9. Jack Quinn - W:sabres26. Frank Nazar - C:hawks43.
10. Logan Cooley - C:coyotes27. Kaiden Guhle - D:habs44.
11. Simon Nemec - D:devils28. Logan Stankoven - C:stars45.
12. Kent Johnson - C:cbj29. Jakob Pelletier - LW:flames46.
13. David Jiricek - D:cbj30. Maverick Bourque - C:stars47.
14. Wyatt Johnston - C:stars31. Pavel Mintyukov - D:ducks248.
15. Marco Rossi - C:wild32. Olen Zellweger - D:ducks249.
16. Cole Perfetti - C/RW:jets33. Aatu Raty - C:isles50.
17. William Eklund - LW:sharks34. Thomas Bordeleau - C:sharks

To add:
Rutger McGroarty - C
Isaac Howard - LW
Brad Lambert - C/RW
Ivan Miroshinchenko - LW

Zachary Bolduc - C
Calen Addison - D
Justin Barron - D
Jake Neighbours - LW
Nikita Chibrikov - RW
Carson Lambos - D
Fedor Svechkov - C
Jack Rathbone - D
Jordan Harris - D
Ville Heinola - D
Sakir Mukhamadullin - D
Zachary L'Heureux - LW
Jordan Spence - D
Zac Jones - D
William Dufour - RW
Sean Farrell - LW

Past lists:
HFBoards TOP 50 Prospects Ranking #50 FINAL (summer 2021)
HFBoards TOP 75 Prospects Ranking #75 (FINAL) (winter 2020-21)
HFBoards TOP 50 Prospects (summer 2019)
Top 50 Drafted Prospects 2018: #46 - #50 (summer 2018)
HFBoards TOP 50 Prospects #50 FINAL (summer 2017)

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
Matias Maccelli or Marchenko.

To have a successful season as a rookie in the NHL, you need two things. Talent and opportunity.

Maccelli will be a staple in Arizona’s top 6 this season. So he has the opportunity.

As for the talent, he has destroyed every league he has played in since being drafted.
69 points in 94 games played in the Liiga as a teenager
Then he put up OVER PPG in the AHL in his first pro season (57pts in 47GP)

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
rmAYhDV.png

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Matias Maccelli or Marchenko.

To have a successful season as a rookie in the NHL, you need two things. Talent and opportunity.

Maccelli will be a staple in Arizona’s top 6 this season. So he has the opportunity.

As for the talent, he has destroyed every league he has played in since being drafted.
69 points in 94 games played in the Liiga as a teenager
Then he put up OVER PPG in the AHL in his first pro season (57pts in 47GP)
I like Macceli a lot and had him pretty high in his draft year, but are we trying to determine the best player for next season or the actual best prospect? The opportunity shouldnt change much, maybe you could say its good for its development, but then again the Yotes are a negative there lol

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
My vote is for one of the best suppressors of offense I have ever seen at the level he plays at and who was the key piece going the other way in a trade for a 26 year old point-per-game player last month.

But it's ok, I'm sure 8 years ago Slavin wouldn't be high on one of these rankings either. Certain types of always criminally underrated.

GermanSpitfire

Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
I like Macceli a lot and had him pretty high in his draft year, but are we trying to determine the best player for next season or the actual best prospect? The opportunity shouldnt change much, maybe you could say its good for its development, but then again the Yotes are a negative there lol
I heard the same thing in 2020 while participating in these polls with Jason Robertson.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I heard the same thing in 2020 while participating in these polls with Jason Robertson.
I dont doubt Maccelis ceiling, its the wording of your post I took issue with. I dont think anyone would trade Galchenyuk for FF9 even if one was ready two years earlier, per say. I think NHL readiness and opportunity should be the least important factor, unless youre building a team that needs to win now and in the case of this poll, were pretty much trying to determine the absolute value of a player, IE at the end of his career.

GermanSpitfire

Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
I dont doubt Maccelis ceiling, its the wording of your post I took issue with. I dont think anyone would trade Galchenyuk for FF9 even if one was ready two years earlier, per say. I think NHL readiness and opportunity should be the least important factor, unless youre building a team that needs to win now and in the case of this poll, were pretty much trying to determine the absolute value of a player, IE at the end of his career.
I think that's fair and for the most part, I agree with it.

When you have two similar players in a similar range of prospects - let's say Marchenko and Maccelli, I think taking into account the opportunity they get is important when discussing them and how they'll do in the NHL. Columbus has Gaudreau, Laine, Voracek, Nyqvist and Chinakov most likely ahead of Marchenko on the depth chart for opening night. It's going to take some work to get those top-6 PP1 minutes in my opinion.

As for Maccelli, the only guys in his way are Crouse, Schmaltz, and Keller and Schmaltz and Keller are centers for the most part so that leaves Maccelli with ample opportunity to get top-6 minutes with a good center and PP1 time. From my experience, I have found that foreseeing opportunity for a player is underrated in prospect projecting. A guy like Roby Jarventie for example has almost zero opportunity to make a top-6 for the Sens, so as a top-6 or bust player, he has an uphill battle to make the NHL.

Just my 2 cents, Appreciate the discourse.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad