OT: HFBoards Technical Issue

DG93

Jun 29, 2010
San Jose
Hi guys,

Sorry for spamming with this, but I followed the instructions and filled out a "Contact Us" form. Unfortunately, I never heard back, so I was hoping maybe one of you guys might have an answer to my problem. Ever since HFBoards migrated, I've had a problem with embedded tweets. When I open a page in Chrome on my computer that has an embedded tweet on it, everything is normal at first. Once I scroll past that embedded tweet as it's loading, the page increases in length and is completely blank. If I refresh, everything goes back to normal until I once again scroll past the tweet. Anyone else have a similar problem? Also, any ideas regarding what could be causing this or how I could fix this (or who I can contact)? Thanks guys.

DG93

Jun 29, 2010
San Jose
Tweets haven't been showing up for me on mobile if you're using that.

I've been using Chrome on my laptop. I can see the tweets after they load, but then I can't see anything after them...it's just a ridiculously long blank page. If I scroll pass them quickly though before they load, everything is normal. It's really weird.

Led Zappa

Tomorrow Today
Jan 8, 2007
Silicon Valley
I've been using Chrome on my laptop. I can see the tweets after they load, but then I can't see anything after them...it's just a ridiculously long blank page. If I scroll pass them quickly though before they load, everything is normal. It's really weird.

Try deleting your cookies.

KirbyDots

May 10, 2011
I've been having the same problem.

Led Zappa

Tomorrow Today
Jan 8, 2007
Silicon Valley
Thanks for the tip - didn't work unfortunately :(

EDIT: Never mind. I just tried it in Chrome and have the same problem. Tried a few things. Something HF did broke it or Twitter changed something. I don't know any other sites that load Tweets like HF.

Last edited:

DucksFanDFW

Sep 18, 2009
Ranger, TX
Here is a fix (in chrome). It works for awhile then you might have to do it again. Right click on the page and click inspect. Wait a few seconds, close the console window and that issue should stop. I have to do it maybe once every other day.

Edit: Make sure it is on a page where the issue occurs.

Reactions: slocal

DG93

Jun 29, 2010
San Jose
Here is a fix (in chrome). It works for awhile then you might have to do it again. Right click on the page and click inspect. Wait a few seconds, close the console window and that issue should stop. I have to do it maybe once every other day.

Edit: Make sure it is on a page where the issue occurs.

It worked - thank you!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad