HFBoards Software Update

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Not having that problem @RABBIT. I have heard reports of others with it though.

Can you make a post about it on the support forum? Probably with a screenshot because like I said it doesn't seem to be affecting everyone.
http://hfboards.mandatory.com/forums/support.68/

I could bug the webmaster about it for you, but frankly he's probably tired of hearing from me :laugh:

Also about the theme, if you haven't looked at the default style in awhile because you are using BBA's you might give it a look. I'm pretty close to happy with where it's at myself. Though I don't have the aversion to white backgrounds others seem to.

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
@SniperHF Any tweet with media was unreadable since the height was cut off after like ~200px into the photo or video. They've been displaying fine now, so I thought they briefly toyed with something. The default theme really doesn't bother me either, but I'll still probably use a userscript to remove what's clutter to me.

RABBIT

My Yearly Sponsorship has relocated to Houston
Oct 21, 2008
“Ted’s dead baby. TEDs Dead”

Can you make a post about it on the support forum? Probably with a screenshot because like I said it doesn't seem to be affecting everyone.

I could bug the webmaster about it for you, but frankly he's probably tired of hearing from me :laugh:

Also about the theme, if you haven't looked at the default style in awhile because you are using BBA's you might give it a look. I'm pretty close to happy with where it's at myself. Though I don't have the aversion to white backgrounds others seem to.

Will do my man, thank you

RABBIT

My Yearly Sponsorship has relocated to Houston
Oct 21, 2008
“Ted’s dead baby. TEDs Dead”

If anyone asks, it is caused by the ad blocker! i disabled my ad-blocker for this site because i'm a site sponsor so i don't get ads, so now it works fine. thanks!

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
Yep. The anchor point is technically taking us to the right spot, but since that 60px navTabs scrolls with us, it cuts off the top 60px of posts.

Nav tab is pretty annoying on tablet. Takes up an unreasonable amount of the screen all while blinking on/off depending on which direction you scroll.

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
Nav tab is pretty annoying on tablet. Takes up an unreasonable amount of the screen all while blinking on/off depending on which direction you scroll.
I haven't seen the blinking or slow-loading nav tab on Android, but it appears they recently shrunk the height of it from 60px to 37.5px.

Mosby

<3 Uncle Gary
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Is there still a way to read the mobile version on desktop? That was a really convenient way to read the boards at work (it hides the avatars and looks as if it's any old website :laugh:)

Reactions: _Del_

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Still have an issue on my iPhone where the header wraps and my Alert and Discussion buttons get buried to where I can't get to them.

Should clarify it does this in landscape mode which is how I do most of my work.

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
Here's a visual of what @TheLegend is describing:

241_A.png

241_B.png

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Yep... that's what it looks like. The HFB banner takes up a quarter of the screen across the top of all that.

In portrait mode the menu bar tabs collapse down to a drop down tab menu and the alert/discussion buttons show up just fine. And the banner is the right size.

Krams

Feb 13, 2012
heres a preliminary theme

Install this Chrome Extension

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/...es-for/fjnbnpbmkenffdnngjfgmeleoegfcffe?hl=en

Then install theme from here

https://userstyles.org/styles/148793/bba-hfboards

let me know what you'd like to see changed. Very rough right now, still making some changes and some stuff isn't done yet
Thanks for the theme! I'm having an issue where the avatar/member info is shaded light gray:

wO7dYft.png

Is it something on my end?

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
@Krams Based on that screenshot, look to see if "background-color" is defined for ".messageUserInfo" and ".messageUserBlock .extraUserInfo" in that theme.

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
@Krams Not a problem on your end then. The top image indicates a white grey, while the bottom one is undefined or default. You'll want to change those elements in the style to whatever color you want.

Reactions: Krams

Krams

Feb 13, 2012
@Krams Not a problem on your end then. The top image indicates a white grey, while the bottom one is undefined or default. You'll want to change those elements in the style to whatever color you want.
Took me awhile to figure out exactly what I had to do, but it looks great now. Thanks again

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->