Speculation: HFBoards Mock Draft 2013

DKQ

Generic User Title
Jun 17, 2012
Press Box
Don't know if this has been done before, but it's a long lockout so I decided I'd try it. I ran a lottery simulation a while back and came up with a draft order which can be seen here. I decided that instead of coming up with a mock draft myself I would have the fans of each team vote on their pick. I'll post the collective results once every fanbase has voted.

The Jets have the #12 pick. Thus far, Mackinnon, Barkov, Jones, Monahan, Drouin, Lindholm, Shinkaruk, Pulock, Ristolainen, Domi and Lazar have been selected. Who would you take with the 12th overall pick?

Paradise*

Individual thinker
Jun 9, 2010
Waiverpeg
Going with RW Adam Erne. I think he fits the BPA at a position of need for the Jets organization. He's big, strong, skilled, hardworking and solid in both the offensive and defensive zones. He's continually improved all aspects of his game since becoming a pro. I think he fits the "tough to play against" model that Chevy seems to be building our team around.

I also like Zadorov and think his upside cold be huge, but I'm less confident that he actually reaches it. He's already the top shut down defender in the draft IMO and has a booming shot. He's not as polished a player as some of the other players available and will need to improve his offensive game and confidence in order to fill his full potential. I'm also not sure how the organization feels about drafting a Russian with a high pick.

Rychel and Mantha are the 2 other forwards that could garner interest from the organization. Both fit the size qualifications, but neither really uses it to their advantage like Erne does. There's also concerns about their compete levels and lack of physicality. Rychel's inability to create offensively on his own is a concern, as is his short stride, which makes it difficult to gain power to get back on the backcheck and forecheck. Mantha has a higher offensive skill set (better shot, smooth skating), but really needs to work on his compete level and become more physical with his size. Both are solid first rounders, but should be taken closer to the 20 range.

mzappa

Jets fans in space
Jun 27, 2011
EDIT -- didnt notice the Draft simulation!

Jets would have 3 balls in the lottery - hope for #1!!!

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Erne, Mantha, or Zadorov all fit the bill. That being said I am just getting to know the prospects so there are some large holes in my research.

DKQ

Generic User Title
Jun 17, 2012
Press Box
Well it looks like the Jets have decided on Nikita Zadorov. Thank you to everyone who shared their opinion, I will be posting full results once I have collected votes from all 30 teams.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->