Speculation: HFBoards Mock Draft 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
This. I'd be ecstatic with either Monahan or Lindholm. Lindholm does appear to be the more skilled out of the 2. I'll be watching him closely at the WJC's. I'd probably cry if we got Monhan though, he's a total franchise type of player that you build your team around.

Agree in general. Either of them I would be ecstatic. I have said this before:

Monahan : Toews
Lindholm: Backstrom

Both great players, which helps you more though?

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
TBH I haven't actually seen much of Lindholm, but those that have regularly on here say his game is more molded after Forsberg because he's more gritty than Backstrom. Whether or not he's capable of living up to those players accomplishments in another story, but he does look like he has all the tools and more.

And idk which would be better to select, they would be amazing selections for very different reasons. Honestly, I think I'd lean more towards Monahan just because I've seen him more but that could change.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
Agree in general. Either of them I would be ecstatic. I have said this before:

Monahan : Toews
Lindholm: Backstrom

Both great players, which helps you more though?

I would take Toews over Backstrom I haven't seen a lot of Lindholm but at this point I would take Monahan over him.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
TBH I haven't actually seen much of Lindholm, but those that have regularly on here say his game is more molded after Forsberg because he's more gritty than Backstrom. Whether or not he's capable of living up to those players accomplishments in another story, but he does look like he has all the tools and more.

And idk which would be better to select, they would be amazing selections for very different reasons. Honestly, I think I'd lean more towards Monahan just because I've seen him more but that could change.

I have only seen Lindholm twice but, he didn't seem that gritty to me. Not soft either, I thought he was really good at defending the puck in the sense that he would fight to keep it on his stick. He wasn't afraid to dig into the corners either and all that, I dunno if that really makes him gritty though.

I would take Toews over Backstrom I haven't seen a lot of Lindholm but at this point I would take Monahan over him.

I would also take Monahan. Lindholm seems like the kind of guy who has 100 point potential but Monahan seems like the kind of guy who leads your team to the cup, just a gut instinct I get from watching him play.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
I have only seen Lindholm twice but, he didn't seem that gritty to me. Not soft either, I thought he was really good at defending the puck in the sense that he would fight to keep it on his stick. He wasn't afraid to dig into the corners either and all that, I dunno if that really makes him gritty though.

I would also take Monahan. Lindholm seems like the kind of guy who has 100 point potential but Monahan seems like the kind of guy who leads your team to the cup, just a gut instinct I get from watching him play.

Every time I have watched Monahan I can't help but think he looks like Joe Sakic, maybe that's just me because I grew up idolizing Sakic since we are from the same home town.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I think Monahan would be a great fit in Calgary. He's the kind of player that could take over from Iginla as the future leader of this team. Lindholm would be amazing to, I'm sure him and Sven would be dynamic, but look at how well Toews and Kane did together for the Hawks. I'm sure Sven and Monahan would be a great fit together as well.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
I think Monahan would be a great fit in Calgary. He's the kind of player that could take over from Iginla as the future leader of this team. Lindholm would be amazing to, I'm sure him and Sven would be dynamic, but look at how well Toews and Kane did together for the Hawks. I'm sure Sven and Monahan would be a great fit together as well.

I like this as it allows JG and Jankowski/Backlund to be our second line we could potentially have a real balanced attack.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->