HFBlues bracket challenge

HighNote

Just one more Cup
Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis
Very close to my bracket aside from two games. I had SJ over Anaheim and Pitts over Wash in my bracket. And I debated those two games longer than any others.
The Sharks/Ducks series was the hardest one for me to decide. I can see anything happening. I went with Ducks because they were one of my favorites going into the year and they've been good lately.

I really wanted to go with the Pens, but I just have this feeling that fatigue is going to set in for them and Washington is finally going to beat them in 6 or 7. I'm expecting OV to have a monster post season until he runs into his fellow Russian in the conference finals.

I also debated a lot about who wins in the finals. I'm considering changing it to Tampa, but Nashville has home ice and that's pretty important in the finals.

Reactions: AjaxManifesto

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
The Sharks/Ducks series was the hardest one for me to decide. I can see anything happening. I went with Ducks because they were one of my favorites going into the year and they've been good lately.

I really wanted to go with the Pens, but I just have this feeling that fatigue is going to set in for them and Washington is finally going to beat them in 6 or 7. I'm expecting OV to have a monster post season until he runs into his fellow Russian in the conference finals.

I also debated a lot about who wins in the finals. I'm considering changing it to Tampa, but Nashville has home ice and that's pretty important in the finals.

I was 50/50 on the Sharks vs Ducks series too.

Every other series I had a preferred team.

Reactions: HighNote

HighNote

Just one more Cup
Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis
I was 50/50 on the Sharks vs Ducks series too.

Every other series I had a preferred team.
The other series I couldn't 100% decide on were the TOR/BOS and LAK/VGK series. I think those two, and the ANA/SJS series, are going to be the closest for sure. 2 of those 3 series I have going to 7 games.

Also, I noticed you decided to go with 7 total goals in the SCF, between the 2 highest scoring teams no less. That's a very bold prediction.:D

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
The other series I couldn't 100% decide on were the TOR/BOS and LAK/VGK series. I think those two, and the ANA/SJS series, are going to be the closest for sure. 2 of those 3 series I have going to 7 games.

Also, I noticed you decided to go with 7 total goals in the SCF, between the 2 highest scoring teams no less. That's a very bold prediction.:D
I didn't know if that was for the final game or the series. I wrongly assumed the final game.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
Less than half the brackets in our group picked Vegas, so I am still good picking LA. I had San Jose beating them next round. Now if Vegas keeps going, I am screwed, but what are the chances of that happening... :crossfing :help:

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
Not doing too bad, only teams that look like they are going to tank it for me in the first round is Ducks and Flyers.

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
kings, ducks and wild all gonna get bounced. my east bracket looks good though.

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
Can you PLEASE try to spin how you only have a chance to predict 2 out of 7 Western series correct but are still always right? PLEASE. It would totally make my day. :popcorn:
kings choked and played a hot goalie.
ducks/sharks was a crapshoot. nobody saw a sweep coming either way.
and i went with underdog in minny cause i thought winnipeg goalie would pull a elliott and choke.

aslong as my bruins win the cup i am good.

TheBluePenguin

Apr 15, 2015
St Louis
I'm sitting 2nd in our challenge but have one of the lowest possible points.... Really thought the ducks were going to show better.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
I'm sitting 2nd in our challenge but have one of the lowest possible points.... Really thought the ducks were going to show better.

Congratulations, you just became a San Jose fan. Few teams put them through to the conference finals. If they go to the Finals, it will mostly negate your lost points from the Ducks. If its Pittsburgh/San Jose finals. You have a real good shot at winning.

HighNote

Just one more Cup
Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis
If Toronto wins game 7, my East will be perfect, except I was 1 game off on the Tampa/NJ series. The Ducks killed me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->