#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
I have to give it to Roman/Strowman because of how mental it was

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
I don't really remember much of the build for Black/Dream other than Dream wanting Black to say his name.... Gonna go with Joe/Brock because of how hype I was thinking Joe was gonna go over.

Reactions: Virtanen18

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I don’t know if that feud went on long enough. But it was definitely awesome.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
I don't really remember much of the build for Black/Dream other than Dream wanting Black to say his name.... Gonna go with Joe/Brock because of how hype I was thinking Joe was gonna go over.
That's what it was. It was Dream looking for respect, and Black refusing to give it to him without earning it. The road from Black ignoring Dream and Dream being desperate for approval, to Black giving him the respect he deserves was a great one.

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
Joe vs. Brock is getting votes? That’s weird.

IMO, it’s between Usos/New Day, Black/Dream, and the one I ultimately went with, Braun vs Roman.

It went the longest, it was never not hot, and it legit made Braun a big star.

Lunatik

Normal is an illusion.
Oct 12, 2012
Padded Room
I went with Usos/New Day, whenever they faced off they stole the show. Dream/Black might have topped it if they had more than a single match though.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Black and Dream also produced the gif of the year

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
I liked the crazy matches and moments the Braun-Roman rivalry produced but the best in-ring rivalry was probably Usos-New Day. That's one of the best tag team duels we've seen in a quite a while.

xtra

May 19, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site
I vote for dream/black as it had the best payoff,

Didn’t like Usos and new day hot shorting the titles back and forth.

Roman vs Braun was a distant third as Roman legit tried to kill braun and is still supposed to be the face messed it up for me

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
I think it's being very overrated. It was very good, but that's really it. It being the best speaks more to the down year more than anything.

Eh. Black/Dream was more about the destination than the actual journey.

"Enjoy infamy......Velveteen Dream"

That one...simple but perfect line is enough to make it the best played out story of the year. The journey itself was good but not enough to win this poll...but the way it ended? Hot damn storytelling and payoff not often seen in either WWE or NXT.

The build was good. The match was fantastic and the payoff was the best of the year. In any story. It made Black into a star and made Dream legit. Not sure what else we can want from a story.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->