HFB Dynasty League Discussion - (TWO TEAMS AVAILABLE)

sharksisles4

Aug 15, 2017
Too much drama for me.

Make a trade, people question every single fiber of your body. Leave for 15 minutes? Return and suddenly you're the one that kicked the entire league despite only getting moderator 15 minutes prior and not even knowing how the **** works. Get in an argument with another GM? Doesn't matter because "I'm not reading that"!!

I thought joining Discord would help make my life easier as I wouldn't have to check everything so often, but it was the complete opposite. It was a cesspool and in all honesty, has turned me off from any sort hockey leagues on this forum for the foreseeable future.

It's crazy too because after making a trade close to 2 hours ago, I thought this league was phenomenal as close to the real NHL experience you can get.

And this isn't to blame the commissioner(s) as they have done a tremendous job, rather the ignorant, vexatious number of people - not all - frequenting that specific discord.

I resign as General Manager of the Detroit Red Wings.

AK Dandyman

Sep 12, 2008
Trade (main draft)
:sharks receive picks 246 308 375

:rangers receive picks 228 331 393

Last edited:

Jesus Take the Wheel

Jul 9, 2015
Edmonton
Drafting is currently paused, as the league has lost a fairly significant amount of GM's and is getting sorted out. If the remaining gm's are still committed to the league, we will disband all teams without a gm and players drafted will be free agents in the 2018-19 season for any team to sign when there is a salary cap increase that is tbd, all entry draft players will reenter the 2018 entry draft. Please pm me if you will not be continuing in the league barring these changes.

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
... gm's are still committed to the league, we will disband all teams without a gm and players drafted will be free agents in the 2018-19 season for any team to sign when there is a salary cap increase that is tbd,...
Waaaa?

DRAFT them (e.g., starting round 20 of the fantasy draft all players from disbanded teams will be draftable)!

Two or three GMs shouldn't be able to snap up 6-10 of the best "free agent" signings simply because they beat out others by a few minutes or couple of hours.

Jesus Take the Wheel

Jul 9, 2015
Edmonton
Waaaa?

DRAFT them (e.g., starting round 20 of the fantasy draft all players from disbanded teams will be draftable)!

Two or three GMs shouldn't be able to snap up 6-10 of the best "free agent" signings simply because they beat out others by a few minutes or couple of hours.

Free agency negotiation period will be longer than that, so no gm will be unable to sign players just based on being a little bit slower then others. My problem is that drafting them in an unfair way to distribute as well when comparing drafting Getzlaf/Karlsson to Lee/Eaves, plus it would also require a instant increase of salary cap to make it work.

That being said if the majority of people prefer the drafting method we can switch to that. This post is more to make everybody else is on board with moving forward so all teams will have a gm after the changes are made

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
Free agency negotiation period will be longer than that, so no gm will be unable to sign players just based on being a little bit slower then others. My problem is that drafting them in an unfair way to distribute as well when comparing drafting Getzlaf/Karlsson to Lee/Eaves, plus it would also require a instant increase of salary cap to make it work.
Free agency with several stars works well if it's OPENly posted bidding and/or STAGGERED with some players available during one signing period, others on different days. That way if you miss superstar forward X, you have a chance with Y or Z.

The worst kind of free agency is closed/secret bidding of everyone at the same time, with no chance for counterbids or awareness of which bids are competitive and which ones are wasted.

Jesus Take the Wheel

Jul 9, 2015
Edmonton
Free agency with several stars works well if it's OPENly posted bidding and/or STAGGERED with some players available during one signing period, others on different days. That way if you miss superstar forward X, you have a chance with Y or Z.

The worst kind of free agency is closed/secret bidding of everyone at the same time, with no chance for counterbids or awareness of which bids are competitive and which ones are wasted.

My optimal free agency is where there is a 1-2 week negotiation period where gm's would have ongoing talks with gm's pertaining highest current offer, what the player is asking for, etc so gm's know where they stand with the offers they have sent in.

That suggestions you have brought up though are very good and will be considered if gm's don't feel comfortable with closed bidding

AK Dandyman

Sep 12, 2008
Whatever I'm going to say doesn't and shouldn't take away my & our appreciation of the work Jesus has put in for this league. Imo, before we figure out what to do(free agents, redistribution etc...) should we look first into the potential reasons of why GMs are quitting? If the underlying concerns or problems aren't addressed, more GMs might drop out.

I see the main trouble coming from the allowing of trading Entry picks for Main picks. Teams are already building for the future(tanking) even before a season has started and were allowed to do all kinds of unrealistic trades(like 3 higher main entry picks for 3 lower ones + 6 or 7 entry picks some as far away as 2019. Other GMs could see and feel a big competitive disadvantage before the season has started because there are 1 or 2 super contending teams and 1 or 2 super future teams being formed. These non-super teams GMs either didn't have the relationship with other GMs to pull off trades like those, or they just felt this is not really a realistic simulation of the NHL where teams could make those crazy trades.

With that said, I believe it's best to re-draft. And don't allow any Entry picks to be traded during the inaugural draft.

I'm also good with a fair redistribution as well if not a re-draft.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->