Prospect Info: HFAvs Prospect Ranking Poll 2023 #6

Who is the Avs #6 Prospect?

• D - Nikita Ishimnikov - 2023 #155 - (New)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Nikolai Kovalenko bounces back all the way from #16 last year to move into the top 5 after a strong KHL season.

Added Nikita Ishimnikov to the polls.

1) Calum Ritchie
2) Mikhail Gulyayev
3) Sean Behrens
4) Jean-Luc Foudy
5) Nikolai Kovalenko

Last edited:

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
I think I'm going with Hanzel here, based on the reports that he had a really good development camp. Maybe we have a diamond in the rough there.

It's more that I don't want to vote for either OO or Justus, both have been major disappointments this last season and I think both are teetering on the edge of being busts. This is Annunen's last year of eligibility for the polls and he hasn't even managed to secure the #3 job yet. I had high hopes for both but I don't know if I'm ready to vote for either one.

Add Jason Polin again, he has as much of a shot as anybody left in the system given his age and physical maturity.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Olausson. I doubt anybody left actually makes the NHL, but Olausson is the only one who has Top 6 upside if by miracle he does make it.

Pavel could maybe be a 4C I guess.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Olausson has the most talent of those left. I actually spent yesterday watching Hanzel in the Mem Cup but I need to see evidence the Avs take him serious before voting him in the current tier of players.

As far as Polin, I think he has good scoring instincts but he’s not a “loud” player as Bednar likes to say. He’s going to likely get lost in the shuffle in camp and going to need to get noticed by sheer production in the AHL. Pavel is more noticeable and more Bednar’s type but the skill level is a real question.

I don’t think the org knows what to do with Annunen but I also dont think they have given up on him yet. They haven’t brought in much as far as goalie depth so he could be the #3 this year, which he absolutely needs to be at this point. There’s still a chance he could become the backup when Franks contract expires. But time is running short though it’s not midnight yet.

add Makar

Last edited:

Deadsy

May 8, 2021
Hoping OO takes a leap so my vote goes there.

And copy paste from previous thread:
Add Jedlicka, has played two full seasons agains men at highest level in Slovakia and has had decent numbers. Wasn't bad at the worlds either this year.

Perratrooper

May 26, 2016
Alberta
I think Annunen could feasibly become a backup goalie for a few seasons so I am going him here. I get OO here on potential, but he’s a player that if he isn’t putting up stats he’s not helping the team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad