Prospect Info: HFAvs Prospect Ranking Poll #11

Who is the Avs #11 Prospect?

• RW - Ryder Rolston - 2020 #139 - (New)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • C - Matthew Stienburg - 2019 #63 - (23)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Drew Helleson drops one spot but remains inside the top 10, rounding out our top 10 prospects with four defensemen, five forwards, and one goalie.

Added Ryder Rolston and Matthew Stienburg.

1) Bowen Byram - D
2) Alex Newhook - C
3) Martin Kaut - RW
4) Conor Timmins - D
5) Justin Barron - D
6) Justus Annunen - G
7) Shane Bowers - C
8) Jean-Luc Foudy - C
9) Nikolai Kovalenko - RW
10) Drew Helleson - D

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Last round it was razor close between Werner and Helleson. It is not close now between Werner and the rest of the pack. I think Zhuravlyov is the next closest on my list. Still convinced Ranta has no brains, so he's going to be voted in long before I cast a vote for him based on his physical skills.

List of players to add is getting real thin now. I'm going with Weiss and Leivermann. I know I'm on an island with Leivermann but I like him and I think out of the rest of the pack he has a better (still tiny) chance to make something of himself.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Ranta again, I’m betting on his upside.

For me add Nick Henry. The fact he’s getting zero consideration just illustrates how the AHL just erases potential. I’m giving him one more year to buy into any semblance of this patience mantra has any sort of end goal.

If we are adding two I’ll get on board with Leivermann. Those who are going to school for an eternity have a shred of hope in my book because when they turn pro at like age 23/24 that’s when the org might feel they are seasoned enough for an opportunity. I’d like to see him get a bigger role on ND and contribute a little more but he still has time and I do think he has talent.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
The real answer is probably Ambrosio or Rolston.

I'll take Ranta.

I think it is real closer between Ambrosio and Ranta. Ranta is a country bumpkin that makes Pizza Boy look like Einstein, but he's got physical talent. If Ambrosio was 5'11+" he contends for 6th... but at 5'9" (which I think is a tad generous), he has an uphill battle.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
I just don't see Ranta as an NHL prospect with his thimblefull of brains. But I also kinda like Beaucage despite his skating so what do I know?

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
TBH I don’t think it’s that bad and the others in this group aren’t savants either. Ranta can make plays with others, he understands the principle of forechecking, his defensive game has improved over his NCAA career. He’s a guy who left home as a young teen to play at the Red Bull Academy, the USHL and now Minnesota. If he was an absolute moron he wouldn’t know multiple languages or be able to live away from home. He obviously relies on his physical gifts and that’s his path to the NHL but he’s not so brain dead he has no chance. If anything I’d say he rides the wave of confidence too much, he can get really up and down on himself and that makes him inconsistent.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I just don't see Ranta as an NHL prospect with his thimblefull of brains. But I also kinda like Beaucage despite his skating so what do I know?
Ranta isn't that dumb, I think he still has some untapped development that should happen when he's asked to slip into a bigger roll whenever the NCAA starts. However, I do agree that his IQ is limited and should prevent him from being a top 6 player in the long-run for the pros, but his physical attributes should make up some degree of that. He was still worth the risk though, where Avs picked him.

I don't think anybody here would disagree that Beaucage would be a top 3-5 prospect for us if he had average skating, but it's just so so bad.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
TBH I don’t think it’s that bad and the others in this group aren’t savants either. Ranta can make plays with others, he understands the principle of forechecking, his defensive game has improved over his NCAA career. He’s a guy who left home as a young teen to play at the Red Bull Academy, the USHL and now Minnesota. If he was an absolute moron he wouldn’t know multiple languages or be able to live away from home. He obviously relies on his physical gifts and that’s his path to the NHL but he’s not so brain dead he has no chance. If anything I’d say he rides the wave of confidence too much, he can get really up and down on himself and that makes him inconsistent.
There is a major difference to being smart as a human being and being smart at hockey. Many fall on both sides of that and they shouldn’t be directly associated with each other.

With Ranta, I’m not sure I’ve ever seen a player skate himself into so many bad positions with and without the puck. The blinders are always on and so many times they just lead to frustration for coaches and mistakes. That won’t win pro coaches over. Now saying that, his blinders on mentality and physical skill set can lead to some real big time, NHL level plays. Ones that make you think that if he can get it to click, he’s gonna be a good nhl player.

Now back on jokes, if he was actually smart he’d be attending Wisconsin instead of Minnesota. :naughty:

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
I think it is real closer between Ambrosio and Ranta. Ranta is a country bumpkin that makes Pizza Boy look like Einstein, but he's got physical talent. If Ambrosio was 5'11+" he contends for 6th... but at 5'9" (which I think is a tad generous), he has an uphill battle.
The thing about the new guys is I can't be sure that they suck yet.

Reactions: McMetal

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad