• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Heidt, again. Scored 97 pts in the WHL, and plays C. Not big(5'11"), but big enough, and is fast. There still seems to be a fair amount of quality prospects on the board, at this point. Seems to continue into the middle of the second round, or so. I wonder if BG will combine both late 2nds to move up to the beginning of the round, if the right person is there?

Wildabeast

Jan 28, 2022
Still vouching for Musty. He has the size and scoring ability that at this pick the reward of him panning out far outweighs the risk if he doesn't. If he falls to the wild IDK, The org lacks pure offensive talent coupled with size beyond boldy and potentially the Russian from 22'. Heidt would be a nice add due to C but playoffs are demonstrating quite strongly size is king when physical play picks up.

Reactions: MNRube

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Still vouching for Musty. He has the size and scoring ability that at this pick the reward of him panning out far outweighs the risk if he doesn't. If he falls to the wild IDK, The org lacks pure offensive talent coupled with size beyond boldy and potentially the Russian from 22'. Heidt would be a nice add due to C but playoffs are demonstrating quite strongly size is king when physical play picks up.
If size is king, our defense could use a lot of work.

Edit: our forward prospect group has some size:
Ohgren 6’1”
Yurov 6’1”
Lorenz 6’2”
Bankier 6’2”

Perhaps people are a little more worried because our top forward prospects are Rossi and Khusnutdinov. Both under 6 feet tall

Last edited:

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
If size is king, our defense could use a lot of work.

Edit: our forward prospect group has some size:
Ohgren 6’1”
Yurov 6’1”
Lorenz 6’2”
Bankier 6’2”

Perhaps people are a little more worried because our top forward prospects are Rossi and Khusnutdinov. Both under 6 feet tall
Yeah, I'm all for drafting big Dmen in the middle rounds, and by that i mean 6'2" at a minimum. Simon Johansson is our tallest D prospect(looks to be at least 6'2") but isn't physical. Faber seems pretty solid.... reminds me of a young Suter in terms of strength. ROR and Hunt are moderate but ok size, with ok strength... for the AHL. Remains to be seen how strong they will get. Spacek, Lambos, Masters, Peart are all of moderate size, and i don't think any of them are unusually strong, nor weak(though i don't know much about Masters).

You can see some of the giants that they have on VGK, and TBL...even MTL when they had their cup run. You can definitely mix in a few smallish skilled guys, but if you have Dmen who are 4" taller, and 30 lbs. heavier than the forwards they are facing then it can really start to wear down the offense, and the extra reach makes it difficult to get around.

Too bad Greenway was such a lump. When he was on, he was a force.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad