HF Top-50 list is coming your way..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
How the hell can the Detroit Red Wings be so well represented according to the article? Fleishman is gone, Kronwal and Hudler can no longer be considered prospects, Grigorenko had a serious injury that nearly jeopordized his career, which will definitely affect his game and eventual potential.

Liv is the only borderline top 50 prospect they have if you're asking me.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
Modano = God said:
How the hell can the Detroit Red Wings be so well represented according to the article? Fleishman is gone, Kronwal and Hudler can no longer be considered prospects, Grigorenko had a serious injury that nearly jeopordized his career, which will definitely affect his game and eventual potential.

Hudler and Grigorenko will both be on there, Hudler hasn't played near enough NHL games to be considered.

leafaholix*

Me thinks Colorado, Carolina, Chicago, and Islanders will not be represented.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
Leafaholix said:
Me thinks Colorado, Carolina, Phoenix, and Edmonton will not be represented.

I don't think Dallas will, personally. Their best prospects Antti Miettinen, Jussi Jokinen and Trevor Daley always seem to be overlooked, Loui Eriksson isn't known very well, and Jason Bacashihua will probably just miss the boat this time. Vojtach Polak, Martin Vagner, Joel Lundqvist and Yared Hagos just aren't good enough (yet)..

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Modano = God said:

Fair enough, although I think a great case can be made for Jimmy Howard, who has been tremendous in net for Maine this year.

leafaholix*

Modano = God said:
I don't think Dallas will, personally. Their best prospects Antti Miettinen, Jussi Jokinen and Trevor Daley always seem to be overlooked, Loui Eriksson isn't known very well, and Jason Bacashihua will probably just miss the boat this time. Vojtach Polak, Martin Vagner, Joel Lundqvist and Yared Hagos just aren't good enough (yet)..
If Loui Eriksson doesn't make it... I'll be snapping some necks!

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
Leafaholix said:
If Loui Eriksson doesn't make it... I'll be snapping some necks!

I don't think he was even considered. The editors are probably working on these lists ever since the draft but probably don't take their seasons there after into account. And Eriksson has made a huge progression since, establishing himself as one of the brightest young players in Sweden. He's in the running as top rookie in the SEL and is the only forward nominated. All this is irrelevant for this years edition me thinks.

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
Leafaholix said:
I wonder who's ranked higher... Eriksson or Nilsson?

Nilsson was drafted nearly 20 spots higher, I don't think many will pick Eriksson. Mainly because they hardly know him. That said, I don't know who to pick, but I haven't heard much of Nilsson ever since his draft day.

DBL

Sep 13, 2002
Visit site
Leafaholix said:
Me thinks Colorado, Carolina, Bruins, and Islanders will not be represented.

For the Bruins, Toivonen and Stuart were ranked #11 and #21 on the Hockey News one. Why don't you think they'll be represented here? :dunno:

leafaholix*

ShadowL said:
For the Bruins, Toivonen and Stuart were ranked #11 and #21 on the Hockey News one. Why don't you think they'll be represented here? :dunno:
Aww... yeah... Stuart.

My bad.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
This is going to be funny....NJ is ranked 4th in the organization rankings but I only see Parise as kickin to be on the list. Suglobov and Vrana are the only other two I see that have a chance at making the list.....Vrana an outside chance at best.

#44_delivers

Dec 21, 2003
edmonton
JasonMacIsaac said:
This is going to be funny....NJ is ranked 4th in the organization rankings but I only see Parise as kickin to be on the list. Suglobov and Vrana are the only other two I see that have a chance at making the list.....Vrana an outside chance at best.
i think suglobov will be on it

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Modano = God said:
Nilsson was drafted nearly 20 spots higher, I don't think many will pick Eriksson. Mainly because they hardly know him. That said, I don't know who to pick, but I haven't heard much of Nilsson ever since his draft day.

Nilsson led Team Sweden in scoring in the World Junior with 7 points. Eriksson had 2. Nilsson was the best forward on Sweden's team.

DutchLeafsfan

Jun 3, 2002
Rotterdam, NL
www.gamer.nl
Wild GM said:
Nilsson led Team Sweden in scoring in the World Junior with 7 points. Eriksson had 2. Nilsson was the best forward on Sweden's team.

Right now the people from Eliteprospects (Johan Nilsson - Predatore, etc. ) have ranked Loui Eriksson higher than Robert Nilsson. Moreover Erikssson had a strong rookie campaign in the SEL, whereas Robert Nilsson couldn't find his game and decided to move to Switzerland. Moreover while Nilsson statistically had a clearly better WJC, from what I could gather his play was somewhat disappointing and he got most of his points against the weaker teams...

I'd say there will be two Leafs on the list... Matt Stajan has become an NHL regular and hence cannot be considered, whereas both Alexander Steen and Carlo Colaiacovo should be fairly safe top 50 choices. While some Leafs picks (Jeremy Williams, John Mitchell) have enjoyed strong seasons, I don't see them getting any consideration for the list...

PanthersRule96

Jun 15, 2003
Visit site
For FLA, Anthony Stewart and Lukas Krajicek will both definately be top 35, Stewart probably top15. Globke has a really slim shot, he's probably like a #60 tho.

Vagrant

The Czech Condor
Feb 27, 2002
North Carolina
Visit site
If Magnus Kahnberg meets the criteria, i'd expect Carolina to be represented in the top 30. He's one heck of a prospect and he recieved quite a bit of noteriety after breaking an SEL team record for goals in a season this year.

Also, Danny Richmond could have an outside shot at sneaking on it.

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
Wild GM said:

Yeah, just Like DLF, I too heard Eriksson was the best player for Sweden at that tournament, its just a shame his stats do not reflect this..

leafaholix*

Modano = God said:
Yeah, just Like DLF, I too heard Eriksson was the best player for Sweden at that tournament, its just a shame his stats do not reflect this..
I heard Steen was the best forward on that team.

Fransson the best defenseman.

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
Yeah, my bad. They said better than Nilsson, I probably assumed best player as well. Either way, I don't think he'll make the list. He's done his job too quietly to get considered..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad