HF Top 100 on Fox

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
IMO the list is awful.
If I didn't miss it, Konstantin Koltsov for instance is not in the top 100 ? Nor Brroks Orpik ?
Now would Burke refuse a Fedor Fedorov for Konstantin Koltsov deal ?
Yeah right...

Habsfunk

Jan 11, 2003
BC
Visit site
I'm not a prospect buff like some people, but this list looks pretty sad to me. From a Habs perspective I would switch Komisarek and Katsytsin. Hossa is also too high. Most Habs fans will tell you Perezhogin, Higgins, and possibly Hainsey, are better prospects than he is. I would say Hainsey is too high as well. Perezhogin and Higgins should be switched with Hainsey and Hossa.

Also, 12 2003s in the top 25 seems pretty skewed. I know it was a deep draft, but its not that good.

Gags1288

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I agree with those who said that the list put too much weight on this last draft, way too much weight. I'm a flyers fan and I can admit that Carter is not a top 25 prospect, top 50 maybe. For the Flyers, Woywitka should be slightly higher, Carter lower, and Richards is about right. Also, I believe Pitkanen is a top 4 prospect with Lehtonen, Fleury, and Spezza(who isn't a prospect anymore). I think that he's half a step above Staal and Horton, but that could be my bias a little. Some other things that I noticed are that Ruutu is way too low, should be #5, imo. Suter and Coburn above Miller and Ruutu is a joke, imo.

Slowe

Feb 8, 2003
Chicago
Visit site
I'll speak from a hawks fan point of view mostly because I can't say I've seen many other prospects. I don't know about Leighton that high, but I won't complain. He'll be earning a lot more respect in the near future. Just because he wasn't a highly touted first rounder doesn't mean things can't change. Vorobiev is too low. The whole time I thought they simply forgot him, because there's no way he just squeaks in when all those average 2003 prospects are so high. At the very least put him above Yakubov. Vorobiev is doing well for himself in the NHL while Yakubov still needs to play consistently in the AHL.

Stock Rocks

Feb 27, 2002
Billerica, Mass.
Visit site
JasonMacIsaac said:
I want to put together my own list but I am too lazy at the moment, maybe later.

Terrible list. If Jason Spezza is on it, then Patrice Bergeron, who has 7 points in 9 games with the B's and is hands-down one of the top rookies playing in the NHL this season, SHOULD be somewhere on the frigging thing. This is why I hate these lists. They are more about where a player was drafted and less about what the player has actually done to justify such a lofty ranking. I also perceive a distinct Western Canadian bias on this list as well. A big thumbs down to Malloy and whoever else helped him with this.

David A. Rainer

Jun 10, 2002
Huntington Beach
profile.myspace.com
Stock Rocks said:
Terrible list. If Jason Spezza is on it, then Patrice Bergeron, who has 7 points in 9 games with the B's and is hands-down one of the top rookies playing in the NHL this season, SHOULD be somewhere on the frigging thing.

I think the list was compiled before the season started. If you read some of the comments, it mentions that some prospects that are already in the NHL might get a shot at making the NHL. So it appears the list was done about 1 month before the season even started.

Stock Rocks

Feb 27, 2002
Billerica, Mass.
Visit site
DeathFromAbove said:
I think the list was compiled before the season started. If you read some of the comments, it mentions that some prospects that are already in the NHL might get a shot at making the NHL. So it appears the list was done about 1 month before the season even started.

Ahhh. Well, if that's the case, my apologies.

But they should do a mid-season list and update it at the very least.

DutchLeafsfan

Jun 3, 2002
Rotterdam, NL
www.gamer.nl
DeathFromAbove said:

That's because the write-ups for the prospects weren't done for the list but are quoted from their scouting profiles here at HF, some of which probably haven't been updated since the start of the season...

petec1978*

Alex Polushin behind Garnet Exelby? :shakehead

Dropped about 50 spots in half a year? The 2003 draft wasn't THAT deep!

-Pete Choquette

A Good Flying Bird*

DutchLeafsfan said:
That's because the write-ups for the prospects weren't done for the list but are quoted from their scouting profiles here at HF, some of which probably haven't been updated since the start of the season...

Some of those profiles haven;t been updated a year — at least.

Roughneck

Oct 15, 2003
Calgary
Visit site
Phaneuf at 19??? How can you rank him that low with the excellent summer he's had? And then have a guy like Colaiacovo 4 spots behind him?

If Coburn and Suter are top10, Dion had better be.

No Eric Fehr? This guy has been amazing to start the season (almost a goal a game pace), and had a great Team Canada summer camp. I realize this was done earlier in the year, but Fehr should be in the top 50, especially when Shawn Belle is number 50.

Bold statement of the day: If the draft was held today instead of in June, Eric Fehr goes top 10.

Roughneck

Oct 15, 2003
Calgary
Visit site
Enoch said:
Not necessarily.

Well, if Phaneuf is better than Coburn (and all d-men in the dub) right now, its only fair. And definitely when he's showing offensive potential that wasn't really seen the year he was drafted.

Blatny Spears

Feb 27, 2002
Toxostoma rufum
Visit site
petec1978 said:
Alex Polushin behind Garnet Exelby? :shakehead
What has Polushin done to warrant being ranked ahead of Exelby? He's just another so-so big Russian stiff, the kind of which Tampa's loaded up on the last few years. If they're lucky, they'll be able to deal him for a guy like Mark Savard, like we did with ex-Tampa flotsam Ruslan Zainullin.

Stock Rocks

Feb 27, 2002
Billerica, Mass.
Visit site
VO #23 said:
Bold statement of the day: If the draft was held today instead of in June, Eric Fehr goes top 10.

I'd buy that. I read that Boston was very high on Fehr and was tempted to take him 16th before deciding to move down for the extra picks.

I'd also say that Patrice Bergeron goes top-15 if the draft was held today.

Hossa

Feb 27, 2002
Abroad
Visit site
Blatny Spears said:
What has Polushin done to warrant being ranked ahead of Exelby? He's just another so-so big Russian stiff, the kind of which Tampa's loaded up on the last few years. If they're lucky, they'll be able to deal him for a guy like Mark Savard, like we did with ex-Tampa flotsam Ruslan Zainullin.

Zainullin has never had more than 1 goal or 4 points in the Russian Super League. Polushin had 5 goals and 11 points last year. He's also on pace for much more this season.

Furthermore, Polushin has been a stand out at the World Juniors. He has played on the top line for two straight years, and had about a point a game both times.

Just because he's not in the NHL doesn't mean he's not a good prospect. For every Ruslan Zainullin, there is an Alex Frolov too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->