HF Retro Game of the Year - 2010 - Red Dead Redemption Wins!

Game of the year back in 2010?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
L4D2 definitely might get my vote. That game was insane crazy fun if you had at least one friend to play with.

The thing is. I didn’t really enjoy that one until about a year ago. Origins is the only one I enjoy on that list with the story. At the time borderlands was fantastic. Ac2 as well but not as good as others.

I’ll probably save my vote till the end Incase there’s a close vote

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
The thing is. I didn’t really enjoy that one until about a year ago. Origins is the only one I enjoy on that list with the story. At the time borderlands was fantastic. Ac2 as well but not as good as others.

I’ll probably save my vote till the end Incase there’s a close vote
Borderlands was kind of the same for me. Not fun without friends. ACII I absolutely loved. But unlike a lot of people it just didn't stick with me.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Borderlands was kind of the same for me. Not fun without friends. ACII I absolutely loved. But unlike a lot of people it just didn't stick with me.

I played it with friends every time I played thankfully.

Ac 2 sticks with nobody if you play it again it’s still good but my goodness is that combat a snooze fest. When you hit a point in the game and when you do it continues until it’s over It’s pretty much a wait until they attack you

Reactions: Lancer

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
A couple games I think you could add to 2009 would be:
League of Legends
Plants vs. Zombies
Bayonetta
Final Fantasy XIII
Halo 3: ODST
Resident Evil V
Brutal Legend

I did Bayonetta for 2010, it had a split release.

FFXIII also had a split release but I didn't include it on '10 so maybe I can put it on '09.

League definitely needs to be on the list.

I'm generally opposed to tie breakers because the people who voted for other stuff might have not even played one or the other or both. And when you have yet another poll some of the people might not be around HF that week or whatever throwing it the other way.
Going forward(backward?) I'll probably do tie beakers if it's 1 vote or actually even.

Reactions: Lancer

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
FFXIII was a '10 release. Japanese release dates have never counted before (and it only barely was an 09 release in Japan, December 17). 2009 was most definitely the year I played the least amount of video games. The Sims 3 is probably the only game I logged more than 5 hours in that year :laugh:

In retrospect Uncharted 2 wins in a laugher, but damn that is a depressing list of games for someone with my tastes. Thankfully 2009 was the best year ever in basically every other regard for myself, so oh well.

Happy Red Dead won this, which was the first console game I'd had fun playing since Bioshock when I picked it up.

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
Last day, poll closes tomorrow.

Here's preliminary 2009 list, any thing missing or on the list that doesn't make sense? Wrong year somewhere? Mobile stuff that should be included, I'm not a big mobile guy so I've got no idea.

Assassin's Creed II
Batman: Arkham Asylum
Borderlands
Braid
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
Demon's Souls
Dragon Age: Origins
inFamous
Killzone 2
Left 4 Dead 2
Minecraft
New Super Mario Bros Wii